Stoke Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chippy_boy said:
I am never happy with a point.

That said, I might be tempted on Saturday. Kompany out, Silva out, Aguero and Zabaletta probably benched, or at least knackered. Jovetic rusty and unfit, at best. Garcia playing. Nasri playing... against Stoke. Kenwyn Jones buzzing around Garcia and Lescott.

After the horror shows that were Cardiff and Hull, and then with this line up, it could be a car crash.

Only Mark Hughes' ineptitude gives me hope. The side that is marginally less shit will win.

Line up for me:

------------------------ Hart -----------------------

Richards - Nastastic - Lescott - Kolarov (can't believe I just picked Kolarov)

-----------Rodwell - Yaya - Fern ------------

--------- Milner ------------------- Nasri ------

---------------------- Negredo -------------------

Agree with all of that mate. Including your proposed line up.

We are about to meet a dour , stubborn , well organised Stoke side , on their own patch , who will be backed by a vociferous home crowd ........

they've won the last three games they've played , and won't be in the mood to roll over for us .....

all the ingredients of the Cardiff shambles are there once again , threats from set pieces , opposition most likely working their socks off trying to close us down ....... we either stand up to them , mark properly , compete competently , and give them something to worry about ... or we completely collapse again

..... Manuel , it's your choice !!!!!

hgblue said:
Chippy_boy said:

That said, I might be tempted on Saturday. Kompany out, Silva out, Aguero and Zabaletta probably benched, or at least knackered. Jovetic rusty and unfit, at best. Garcia playing. Nasri playing... against Stoke. Kenwyn Jones buzzing around Garcia and Lescott.

After the horror shows that were Cardiff and Hull, and then with this line up, it could be a car crash.

Only Mark Hughes' ineptitude gives me hope. The side that is marginally less shit will win.

Line up for me:

I hope we go with this. It would not be pretty, that's for sure. But Stoke away is about keeping it tight and grinding out a 1-0 if possible and 0-0 if not. Swashbuckling attacking football - especially without Komps at the back - would be suicide. We would be low on creativity and chances with the above line up but at least 9 of the players are big strong lads who can try to defend corners and set pieces.

kiam06 said:
Sorry to piss on peoples chips bit I can only see another shite performance with a shite ref and defeat.

Not very confident at the moment think it will take a bit of time and our players just do not care enough especially away from home when the opposition will be in our face.

Thats the spirit bit of positivity.......

black mamba said:
Daz_Blue said:
Stevan Jovetic hoping to make his MCFC debut & join other City greats who made debuts away at Stoke such as Javi Garcia and Scott Sinclair.

One chap did produce a great City debut at Stoke ......

Trevor Francis !

2ppjaev.jpg
We could have done with that stoke defender behind Francis playing for us this Saturday MI..MIC...MICK etc

This is not a Pulis side this a Hughes side if we can't score a hatful against this imposter we will struggle This season

Will be interesting to see how stoke line up now under Hughes as opposed to Pulis. Def play more football now which is good for them in the long run but initially may mean they are caught a few times between both contrasting styles of play. We need to take advantage of this and punish them,

Chippy_boy said:
hgblue said:
Chippy_boy said:

Line up for me:

I hope we go with this. It would not be pretty, that's for sure. But Stoke away is about keeping it tight and grinding out a 1-0 if possible and 0-0 if not. Swashbuckling attacking football - especially without Komps at the back - would be suicide. We would be low on creativity and chances with the above line up but at least 9 of the players are big strong lads who can try to defend corners and set pieces.

I'd take an ugly 1-0 right now. In fact, I'd snatch your hand off for it. Probably says more about how much my expectations have gone down than how tough a game I think this will be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.