Stone Roses to reform

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Sorry if I'm in a minority but I personally think the Second Coming is a great album as have been some of Ian Browns solo albums.

I agree Second Coming is a superb album.

Completely different to the others but still excellent!

Breaking into Heaven, Tightrope & Tears are superb tracks.

Jasondh said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Sorry if I'm in a minority but I personally think the Second Coming is a great album as have been some of Ian Browns solo albums.

Tears is incredible, my favourite off the album.

Also mentions for Ten Storey Love Song, Love Spreads, Begging You and Your Star Will Shine.

Jasondh said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

I could easily cry when listening to Tears; it is that beautiful. Daybreak, too. Ten Storey Love Song was the first dance when I got married. Second Coming is a monster of an album. Not in the same league as the debut, but has many, many merits of its own.

Danbert said:
Jasondh said:
Danbert said:
None - The problem i have with them is that the tickets are way overpriced and the gigs are so fucking huge that i can't see how they could be particularly enjoyable for anyone who 'really' loves the band.

For me they should have played a series of smaller shows like the Specials did.

Not all rags either.

Reni is a blue.

Heaton Park will be shit for the following reasons

1.) They will play 'So Young'
2.) Ian Brown won't be able to sing
3.) John Squire will turn into Jimmy Page with boring guitar solos
4.) Cans of lager will be £5 a pop
5.) They will play tracks off The Second Coming
6.) Heaton Park will be full of scrotes and pick pockets.

I will cum in my pants if they play tightrope and I'm not over reacting either.....

The Second Coming was so under-rated it's untrue not a single shit song on there Love Spreads, Tightrope, Breaking Into Heaven, Daybreak, Good Times, Tears, Driving South ect.....

Also as for Ian Browns singing last 3 times I've been to see him his singing has been top! Last time I remember him being shit was at G-mex but the sound system was fuckin awful to be fair...

Jasondh said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

Good Times is my favorite track from Second Coming. It's the guitar work at the end that makes it. I used to listen to it on repeat and still buzz off it now.

Second Coming is a good, competent album but nowhere near the epoch-making legend of their debut. Almost anything they released would've been the same. You just can't better something like that which is why I'm a little concerned for this new material that's been mentioned.

How about Delphic as support for the Heaton Park gigs? It'd be a nice gesture to get a couple of local unsigned on, too.

Also on the discussion of The Second Coming didn't Bobby Gillespie (lead singer from Primal Scream) consider Love Spreads as one of THE best come back tracks of all time???

Bilston Blue said:
Jasondh said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

I could easily cry when listening to Tears; it is that beautiful. Daybreak, too. Ten Storey Love Song was the first dance when I got married. Second Coming is a monster of an album. Not in the same league as the debut, but has many, many merits of its own.

yep couldn't agree more fella!

Ten storey love song is one of my favourite tracks of all time.

Reni is amazing in the full length version of Elephant Stone. Listen to the drumming on the introduction.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKDPv3ZLDjI[/youtube]

what people seem to forget is they're actually pretty crap live with no studio tweaking....i've seen them 3 times and all were poor vocally & sound wise....i'm hoping with the 20yrs + of technology advancement that it can make a difference

just dont expect it to sound like it does on the albums

shadygiz said:
what people seem to forget is they're actually pretty crap live with no studio tweaking....i've seen them 3 times and all were poor vocally & sound wise....i'm hoping with the 20yrs + of technology advancement that it can make a difference

Obviously being to young to ever see them live 20 years ago I have seen videos/clips of some of their live performances and Ian Browns voice was shockingly bad back then nowhere near comparasent as it is today I think with age and quitting smoking it has improved his singing voice.... as for the rest of the team Mani has had 15 years at Primal, Squire will surely be able to rekindle his guitar skills and Reni well ya just don't loose epic drumming skills now...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.