Stone Roses tonight

that was fucking immense. the vibe in town and in the arena was incredibly positive. wear wellies sat \ sun - the field is ok, but the bogs are a quagmire, some bad ground outside the arena depending what gate you go in. anyone without a ticket they are face value of touts tonight, so that probably means about 40 quid aftre bartering

Can anyone who went last night tell me if you are allowed to take your own beer in?

bluekat said:
Can anyone who went last night tell me if you are allowed to take your own beer in?

images

Why bother to pay to go in? I could hear them from inside my house, which is at least 2 miles from Heaton Park (over 35 mins brisk walk). Just go in a local pub or sit on Heaton Park metro station for free.

I went last night, knowing full well Ian Brown is an awful singer!
I was also very aware that the sound wouldn't come across that well in an open park environment!!
That said, I went with a few mates, had a few beers and enjoyed myself!
You could tell some people (mainly middle-class fuckers) were taking the gig (and themselves!) far too serious....trying to be all manc etc!!!
At the end of the day...if your going either sat or sun then you obviously have a slight interest in the Roses so just go and enjoy it : )

Ok, the ground started off ok but was starting to seriously get boggy in places...so either wear a shit pair of trainers/jeans etc which you ain't arsed about...or take your wellies!

They did close the bar (shortly) mainly due to people pushing in/trying to steal beer etc
They did open them back up when the Roses came on though!!
(£4 a beer!!)

Loads of food places (anything you desire really) in their but absolute rip off prices (£4 chips/gravy!!!)

Not as much piss throwing/fighting as seen at Oasis gigs either!

Enjoy ; )

BrianW said:
Why bother to pay to go in? I could hear them from inside my house, which is at least 2 miles from Heaton Park (over 35 mins brisk walk). Just go in a local pub or sit on Heaton Park metro station for free.

my hearing must be shit cos i was in sainsburys petrol station waiting to pick up and could only make out bits of songs,

quite a lot of people did leave cos they were looking for taxis at around 10, i asked some if it had finished and they said no but its shit,

Shocking show and Ian Brown cannot sing to save his life, I was in the pit at the front and got bored pretty quickly so moved out of the pit to the side where pimp my burger was and fuck me he was out of tune and the levels on the amps sounded strange and their set list was shite. Only positive is to say I've now seen them. They really shouldnt have bothered. Strangely it's made me kind of dislike the stone roses!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.