Stone Roses tonight

BrianW said:
Why bother to pay to go in? I could hear them from inside my house, which is at least 2 miles from Heaton Park (over 35 mins brisk walk). Just go in a local pub or sit on Heaton Park metro station for free.
Mine is less than a mile from the park and listened to Oasis from there when they were on. Unfortunately I'm working in Jersey this weekend but, on the upside, there's a two-day gig next to the hotel I'm in with Van Morrison & Lee "Scratch" Perry headlining tonight & Badly Drawn Boy & Ray Davies tomorrow.

Depending on how things are at work I may just get a ticket for Sunday.

there were plenty of people just sat outside the main entrance to the gig....and its only 200yards away from the stage there.

i thought the security would move them but obv couldnt be arsed.

on a plus side, it mentioned no bags, etc to be brought it, but loads with us not even checked....lad behind me brought 2 bottles of brandy in his rucksack.

as long as the shit is hidden when you enter, they dont bother

i thought they were really good last night the roses. everyone knows brown isnt the best of singers and funnily enougth i mentioned at the time that he was at his very worst during made of stone, so quite ironic that this is the only footage put up on here. i actually thought he sounded ok during a lot of it.

they put on a great show all in all. was surprised that there was a good light show as well, as they dont usually go for that sort of thing.

btw one thing that always bugs me at gigs is why do people get absolutely wasted. you've payed £55 for a ticket and you won't remember a thing about it!

shadygiz said:
on a plus side, it mentioned no bags, etc to be brought it, but loads with us not even checked....lad behind me brought 2 bottles of brandy in his rucksack.

as long as the shit is hidden when you enter, they dont bother

Brilliant news.
We have been contemplating attempting to take our own beers in.

It was seriously good, can remember ian brown coming down and people pushing forward to him, he and a bloke just in front of me shaking them tamberine things he has. Pure entertainment, he never was the best singer but all the rest of the band more than made up for it. Reni is an absolute god on the drums.

G star why bother getting involved did it have anything to do with you or are you just being a little woman. Aw I hope you contain your anger at being called a woman x

Can't believe the negativity surrounding the Roses. That was quality last night, pure and simple masterclass from Reni, Squire and Mani, I thought Ian Brown sounded ok as well considering his many critics saying he's out if his depth. If you going tonight or tomorrow you will be in for a treat. Getting served a beer was a nightmare though and I recommend getting tanked up before you get in there. We managed to get served after an hour wait and ended up getting a 24 pack of fosters between 3 of us. £96 and it's only the small bottles.

Shifted my 2 tickets for tomorrow earlier in the week. Not because I didn't want to go but the other half can't make it and I didn't know anyone who was going on the Sunday so thought I'd get shut of both.

I'm a bit disappointed that I'm not going as although I'm old enough to remember them the first time round I'd never been to see them live - I wasn't even one of the 27 million, sorry 27 thousand, at Spike Island.

Having said that, I'm not surprised that there are such mixed reports about last night. Brown is technically a poor singer live and the sound quality at huge open air gigs can often be affected by the elements which isn't the band's fault of course. That said, I agree with a previous poster - if you've at least some fondness of their music, it's best to just go and embrace the occasion. If the crowd are up for it then that alone can make up for Brown's lack of vocal quality.

Drewmanc said:
G star why bother getting involved did it have anything to do with you or are you just being a little woman. Aw I hope you contain your anger at being called a woman x

Do yourself a favour and stop embarrassing yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.