Stop abusing the Hughes out brigade - we have a valid point

i dont see the hurry either, ok so it's painful to watch a performance like we did tonight, but it's where youre going, not how fast you get there... unless you've all been given 12 months to live youve got no real reason to be impatient for success.

alextrueblue said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Never said anything against allyboy, was having a fun debate with him, you're the one that started with your bullshit.

soz blue calling someone clueless your idea of fun.
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah
stop it your cracking me up.

anyway what's your take on hughes in·trigued ?

The Eric's are easier to understand than you.

allyboy said:
uote]

Jim, yes you can't argue with Wenger and Baconface, hugely successful.
Honestly though, I'm not sure what thats got to do with MH performance as a manager??
Here's my 2 questions to you..
With what he inherited and spent has he made progress?
Have you been happy with MHs contribution and effect as our manager?
Right; I'll answer them before I go to bed. People seem to be equating us having this money with suddenly, from years of dross, going on to win trophies overnight. Money seems to be one of the major points used by the Hughes out people to back up their argument (granted, not the only point but it does keep cropping up. And in answer to your second point, no I haven't been totally happy with Hughes' contribution in his first season. But, as I said in my earlier post, there comes a point when we have to stop these endless managerial sackings. Say we get rid of Hughes in the summer (and I think we probably will) and get a new man in. What happens if he only gets us to 8th or 9th and no trophy in his first season? And I'm not saying that will happen; I, like everybody else on here can't possibly know what would happen in those circumstances. Do we then get rid of him as well? Anyway, I'm off to bed!

jimharri said:
allyboy said:
uote]

Jim, yes you can't argue with Wenger and Baconface, hugely successful.
Honestly though, I'm not sure what thats got to do with MH performance as a manager??
Here's my 2 questions to you..
With what he inherited and spent has he made progress?
Have you been happy with MHs contribution and effect as our manager?
Right; I'll answer them before I go to bed. People seem to be equating us having this money with suddenly, from years of dross, going on to win trophies overnight. Money seems to be one of the major points used by the Hughes out people to back up their argument (granted, not the only point but it does keep cropping up. And in answer to your second point, no I haven't been totally happy with Hughes' contribution in his first season. But, as I said in my earlier post, there comes a point when we have to stop these endless managerial sackings. Say we get rid of Hughes in the summer (and I think we probably will) and get a new man in. What happens if he only gets us to 8th or 9th and no trophy in his first season? And I'm not saying that will happen; I, like everybody else on here can't possibly know what would happen in those circumstances. Do we then get rid of him as well? Anyway, I'm off to bed!

That's the gamble you take but it's less of a gamble the better the manager you get in. If we brought in Van Gaal or Rijkaard or Mourinho etc then we are moving in the right direction. They'd probably get more out of the current squad than Hughes, would attract a better calibre of player etc etc. I see more upside/ potential than downside.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Ok say they do get rid of Hughes in comes the new guy changes a few players who is to say Ireland is "his sort of player" or Robinho or Shay??? He employs a new formation for the new season and first few games we struggle as the new players struggle to adjust to their new surroundings and the rest with the new formation. Within a month there would be threads demanding the new guy goes.

We have been a mid table or lower team since we came back up these things take time!!! It will take time to create the right mentality within the team Hughes took over a squad that finished the previous season with a horrible run in if it hadn't have been for the start we made we would have really struggled. The point is this will keep happening everytime we change managers the new guy will shake things up a lot. And if Hughes does go I wouldn't expect us to finish above 8th next year either. I am sure there are a lot on here who can remember that day in September 89 the rags crying for their board to sack Bacon face. They didn't and they finished bottom half fill in the rest....

Point being unless we give someone time we will get NOWHERE we will be midtable season after season I aint Hughes biggest fan I must admit there have been times when I wanted him sacked but surely gotta give him a bit more time why not till November next season? Then if it's still the same get rid get someone else in so they have a month or two to see where the squad needs tweeking before the transfer window opens again?

Id like us to get a proven top class mgr like Jose or mancini who has achieved and won things and give him 5 years to build.

bizzbo said:
im just fed up with the soap opera

expectations can run away with you. every time i chat to neutrals when we are playing badly, they always say their is too much pressure around the club. i honestly believe that money is not the key to having a well run club. give a well run club money, and they will prosper. give newcastle money and watch them fail. unfortunately we have proven over the last two years that we are in the second category. no one individual is responsible for the mess. Sven did well, but he also brought some real shitheads and didnt maintain an air of professionalism in the second half of the season. Thaksin, well, enough said. undermined the manager, didnt deliver his promises, brought and sold players over the top of hughes. ADG brought robinho without MH's say so, let Al-Fahim run away with his mouth, made a bit of a laughing stock of us over Kaka. MH has upset people, not delivered short term success or built the team we might have hoped. we've brought the wrong players for the wrong reason, chopped and changed managers, and it's a bit of a mess. we have to sort out the mess and grow steadily. i dont think we are ready for kaka and ancelotti, if the atmosphere around the club isnt right, they'd fall short too, the criticism would blow up again, and we'd just be a better class of failure, like inter milan in the 90s.

im really not sure what the answer is, but I'm pretty sure its not piling our short term expectations up too high.

Great post that.Something to ponder.

like most people on here i don't really have the answer about the manager. i've been watching city for 45+ years and don't know what to make of this season at all. mark hughes doesn't seem to have improved the team much despite all the money he has. why is this? i think quite simply the top players however much money you offer them do not want to join a club not in the champs league. end of. i feel a lot of fans can't wait for the season to end hoping that in the summer all the top names will be approached. they may be but how many do you really think will come. i reckon none. hope i am proved wrong but i doubt we will even be in the europa league next year. so forget messi. kaka and the rest. we have to build slowly i guess but it will never be quick enough for most of us who have endured years of shit while the rags have won so much. not sure about the stability question. sure you can quote fergie but when he arrived the expectation although huge because of the scums support base is not as much as city fans had after the takeover and richest club in the world shit. spanish and italian clubs don't seem to put much stock on stability so i am confused as to whether keeping hughes is the right option. but then again who would we get. mourinho keeps being mentioned. sure he would like to endless money pot and the chance to build city to the greatest club on the planet for his ego but then again we are probably not even in europe. so doubt he would be interested. who does that leave? no sodding idea so a pointless post in some ways. just pissed off this season has turned out the way it has with no real prospect in my opinion of improving that much next year. and as for expensive luxury players i'd better not get started. you all know who i mean. the guy who would look great in a great team but sadly we are not a great team and not likely to be for some time. ah well. if we get behind them next thursday who knows.

It's a difficult one to be honest, of course we need to give the right Manager time to build a side, my biggest concern is whether Hughes is the right Manager in the first place.
I'm not going to scream " Hughes out" as it's only his first season but it concerns me that Hughes is constantly out thought by opposing coaches & doesn't seem to know how to change a game once it's started.
I know Utd showed patience with Fergie & it turned out well for them, there are countless other cases though where clubs remained loyal to managers that ultimately did nothing for their club & they just wasted 3 years.
I think people need to be a little more realistic though, we might have money but there is no way on earth we're going to get the very top players/managers to come to City at this moment in time, what can we offer them apart from money ?
If the owners feel Hughes is the right man for the job then they need to back him for at least 3 seasons & give him time to mould the side he wants.

macyman. Great points mate. I've only been watching City for about 32 years but i have seen 137 managers come and go and there is no coincidence in my mind that's why i've also seen us with sod all. Go to the City museum and look at the "roll of honour" of managers since the war and look an the number since 1985 (when Taggart took over the scum). It's plain embarrassing. There have been many times this season that i've thought we had no option but to sack MH (West Brom, Stoke, Allborg - all away of course!) but i keep coming back to that list of managers and despite his obvious failings this season, i really think we've got to give someone time eventually if we are ever going to build success. I was pleased when we got Hughes and i have to say been pleased with most of his signings, so give him another year or two and let him weed out the bad influences and bad defenders and let's see where we go.

ASSUMING we get neither 7th or further in the UEFA then the only way we will attract decent talent in the summer is with a change of manager to one of the "elite" like Jose, Van Gaal, Rijkaard etc.

At this moment in time no top player is going to look at us as a top attraction as we have not moved on in the slightest as a team on the pitch, i don't give two hoots about how we are improving off the pitch as that is immaterial.

Anyway regardless of the next few weeks results i have seen enough to feel that ADUG will administer the bullet at seasons end and nothing will change my belief on that matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.