Stop moaning and get behind Mancini

It shows that he is a capable manager when given time. His trophy haul is better than Wenger, despite been 30 years younger. He has won trophies at every club he has been to.
Its a bit arrogant to just dismiss any non-English achievements.

Damocles said:
It shows that he is a capable manager when given time. His trophy haul is better than Wenger, despite been 30 years younger. He has won trophies at every club he has been to.

He's not got time at City, and you cannot simply transport his Italian trophy haul over to the premiership and use it as proof positive that he's a capable manager in the premiership. I admire your cries for stability, and you know a hell of a lot about the game of football, I don't dispute that.

But I will back my own judgment as well, and my eyes are telling me that we've gotten nowhere so far under Mancini. We look no more advanced as a team than we did when the season started. We peaked at Fulham, and performances have been downhill since then. Whether it's because the players are tired, not used to the league, or just underperforming, it's Mancini's responsibility.

As someone said on here last night - great managers make their teams more than the sum of it's parts. Mancini hasn't even made us the sum of our parts in my opinion, and that's why I certainly can't get behind him.

Damocles said:

I agree with the final part of your statement.

But what can't be disputed, is that Mancini's most notable of achievements also coincide with perhaps the lowest point in Italian top-flight history?

I admire your resoluetness and total conviction in Mancini, Damo, to eventually get it right.

But we all know, outside of United, Arsenal and Crewe, time is not something a manager can rely upon.

The top Italian and Spanish clubs set the benchmark for dispensing with managers in short periods of time.

It hasn't stopped them from being successful.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:

He's not got time at City, and you cannot simply transport his Italian trophy haul over to the premiership and use it as proof positive that he's a capable manager in the premiership. I admire your cries for stability, and you know a hell of a lot about the game of football, I don't dispute that.

But I will back my own judgment as well, and my eyes are telling me that we've gotten nowhere so far under Mancini. We look no more advanced as a team than we did when the season started. We peaked at Fulham, and performances have been downhill since then. Whether it's because the players are tired, not used to the league, or just underperforming, it's Mancini's responsibility.

As someone said on here last night - great managers make their teams more than the sum of it's parts. Mancini hasn't even made us the sum of our parts in my opinion, and that's why I certainly can't get behind him.

I posted that Billy and its the truth.

We over complicate things at times and its a simple job he has.

He is busy failing.

99.9% of professional football managers would possibly swap places with Bobby right now such is the talent in our squad.

All he needed to do was make them into a team.

blueinsa said:
stonerblue said:
Or,

4th in the league

Still in CL spot after a poor run of form

Still in the mix in the league and an fa cup semi yet to play

Running a bit rough and misfiring. A change of oil and some new spark plugs in the next week and come out of the garage firing on all cylinders.

We were once top...then 2nd....then 3rd.....now 4th....what's next?

Our current form suggests that the next move is once again downwards.

Thats my problem. There is no sign of it being turned around.

The engine has lost its oil and has blown!

We were once bottom an' all, and not too long ago. As for what's next, well that's the beauty of football innit. Nobody knows. You think we'll plummet down the league and i say we'll not lose again all season.

I don't look for a sign, i have blind faith because i'm a football supporter. I live in hope.

We now have two weeks to get the engine re-built, tuned and roaring to go.

COME ON CITY.

Get real Kenney_The_Blue!! Were no better than last year, if any thing worse, And I for one am sick of the boring football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.