Streamer & Ticker tape It was all down to you the fans.

Re: Streamer & Ticker tape at the Derby, UPDATE !!!!

Yeap had a small test run off the left side of T3 CB stand when the teams came out, most of it landed around 231/232 Tier 2. Anyone notice? I BELIEVE BLOW BACK OCCURED and the sterward in 231 got plenty! he he he he. Nice bloke though. I only had around a quarter of a carrier bag split between 3 or 4 fellow blues, of cut up newspapers in various shapes and sizes so not that spectacular. What did i learn?.. well optimum shape and size, think looking side on at a fag packet so about 6 to 8 cms long x about 1 to 2 cms wide..thats the best flutterability design!..(ime wasted on ere should av been a aerospace designer) ha ha ha.
I reckon newspapers if your a tight arse, or better still thicker paper from staples stationers or similar, several sheets cut together and take FULL carrier bags to fill the air. You can get cheap white and blue A4 coppier paper at 2 or 3 quid a pack of 500 sheets, 1 blue 1 white (1000 sheets) that would make it into many thousands, and not a big job.
So the more carrier bags full the better...GET CUTTING!!

Cant stress how important it is for everybody with streamers to unravel them first.

If you throw them without unravelling them the whole scene will just look like raining rolls of paper.

Unravel about 20ft worth of the roll and then launch guys, make sure you're not standing on the paper as it is likely to tear with ease.

Keep up the good work Nick.

Ricster said:
Cant stress how important it is for everybody with streamers to unravel them first.

If you throw them without unravelling them the whole scene will just look like raining rolls of paper.

Unravel about 20ft worth of the roll and then launch guys, make sure you're not standing on the paper as it is likely to tear with ease.

Keep up the good work Nick.

A good reason also for the home made confetti to fill the air with blue and white. Anything with a shine to it is brilliant as it catches the sunlight. Bog rolls aint what they were in Franny Lee's day so ricster is spot on..unwind and launch em high, and dont stand on the end or it will be a shit fail streamer reamer!

Hi Everyone.

I have just come off the phone to the club and everything is going along nicely for the big event.

From the club:

Can people bringing streamers/rolls/shredded paper etc bring them in a bag no bigger then a Tesco bag, not large bin liners?

Also please don’t bring any rolls that are plastic etc that can be used as a missile/weapon etc. If stopped by the stewards please inform them what is in the bag and what it is for.

The club have been really helpful with me putting this together and they have a couple of other things planned, but this is really something we the fans are going to make happen. Please bring what you can and if you have spare hand it around.

Those of you who have PMd me the setting up is all in hand so no early start for most.

Those that are in lower areas and have offered to give me their streamers etc I will be in contact through your PM.
Lower ES think more along the lines of ticker tape/shredded paper blue and white if possible, don’t forget you will be having the large flags coming over you as well.

I have spoken to the club reference the Colin Bell stand now adding to the activity on the day and they think it is really good that everyone is getting involved. The clubs assistance is being used in the ES due to the players walking out into the full view and where the cameras will be positioned, but this is not to stop people all around the stadium joining in.
I am receiving e-mails from people all over the stadium bringing stuff in, remember those days at the ‘78 World Cup’ lets get it going.

Nick<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:28 pm --<br /><br />
robsta said:
Bag full of blue and white streamers just been delivered to my house. We sit in the North Stand Level 2 on corner with East stand so expect some coming from there as well.
Well done mate more the merry, I have got to grow up, its like waiting for the biggest party in the world.

Uber Blues said:
Yeap had a small test run off the left side of T3 CB stand when the teams came out, most of it landed around 231/232 Tier 2. Anyone notice? I BELIEVE BLOW BACK OCCURED and the sterward in 231 got plenty! he he he he. Nice bloke though. I only had around a quarter of a carrier bag split between 3 or 4 fellow blues, of cut up newspapers in various shapes and sizes so not that spectacular. What did i learn?.. well optimum shape and size, think looking side on at a fag packet so about 6 to 8 cms long x about 1 to 2 cms wide..thats the best flutterability design!..(ime wasted on ere should av been a aerospace designer) ha ha ha.
I reckon newspapers if your a tight arse, or better still thicker paper from staples stationers or similar, several sheets cut together and take FULL carrier bags to fill the air. You can get cheap white and blue A4 coppier paper at 2 or 3 quid a pack of 500 sheets, 1 blue 1 white (1000 sheets) that would make it into many thousands, and not a big job.
So the more carrier bags full the better...GET CUTTING!!
Can you get to a shreader, I am lucky I have 2 in the office so guess what my staff are doing.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:43 pm --<br /><br />
Trigger said:
Keep spreading the word fellas ;)
Hi fella.

Just going to PM you.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Hi Everyone.

I have just come off the phone to the club and everything is going along nicely for the big event.

From the club:

Can people bringing streamers/rolls/shredded paper etc bring them in a bag no bigger then a Tesco bag, not large bin liners?

Also please don’t bring any rolls that are plastic etc that can be used as a missile/weapon etc. If stopped by the stewards please inform them what is in the bag and what it is for.

The club have been really helpful with me putting this together and they have a couple of other things planned, but this is really something we the fans are going to make happen. Please bring what you can and if you have spare hand it around.

Those of you who have PMd me the setting up is all in hand so no early start for most.

Those that are in lower areas and have offered to give me their streamers etc I will be in contact through your PM.
Lower ES think more along the lines of ticker tape/shredded paper blue and white if possible, don’t forget you will be having the large flags coming over you as well.

I have spoken to the club reference the Colin Bell stand now adding to the activity on the day and they think it is really good that everyone is getting involved. The clubs assistance is being used in the ES due to the players walking out into the full view and where the cameras will be positioned, but this is not to stop people all around the stadium joining in.
I am receiving e-mails from people all over the stadium bringing stuff in, remember those days at the ‘78 World Cup’ lets get it going.

Nick

-- Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:28 pm --

robsta said:
Bag full of blue and white streamers just been delivered to my house. We sit in the North Stand Level 2 on corner with East stand so expect some coming from there as well.
Well done mate more the merry, I have got to grow up, its like waiting for the biggest party in the world.

Great news mate well done. Why dont you post a seperate thread " IT'S OFFICIAL CITY GIVE THIER HELP AND BACKING!" for the big day. Should be awsome, come on city fans everywhere lets make this a massive event.

well, hopefully you'll all give the reds the kind of welcome they deserve... noisy and loud, unlike their ground over the last couple of games.

genuinely impressed with the level of thought that's going into your paper distribution, just need to get the right amount of wind for the correct distribution.

on a side note, found this little site thinking it would just be a fake link, but I think it needs fleshing out with some more ideas though, just the one joke at the minute:

http://www.aufwiedersehenfergie.com

Uber Blues said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Hi Everyone.

From the club:

Nick

-- Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:28 pm --

Great news mate well done. Why dont you post a seperate thread " IT'S OFFICIAL CITY GIVE THIER HELP AND BACKING!" for the big day. Should be awsome, come on city fans everywhere lets make this a massive event.
Just started a new one for the KIPPAX. Sounds like it spreading around into the North Stand as well so well done mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.