Streamer & Ticker tape It was all down to you the fans.

Re: Streamer & Ticker tape 1 DAY TO GO how are the stock piles

Fair play to the guy that organised it, at short notice so to speak. I chucked a couple of bog rolls from the east stand. Looked amazing all the streamers and ticker tape raining down above me, felt like i was in argentina for a second!

SWP...Legend said:
Fair play to the guy that organised it, at short notice so to speak. I chucked a couple of bog rolls from the east stand. Looked amazing all the streamers and ticker tape raining down above me, felt like i was in argentina for a second!
Cheers mate, making me feel better.

CFL

C4L..it was alright, looked good from NL1 in the sunlight, it wasn't awe inspring though, just alright...however you are on to something mate..we could really go to town for next years home game against em....let's get the message out and make it our trademark for next season!!

blueshortshorts said:
C4L..it was alright, looked good from NL1 in the sunlight, it wasn't awe inspring though, just alright...however you are on to something mate..we could really go to town for next years home game against em....let's get the message out and make it our trademark for next season!!
Not bad for a one man band to start with, but I am now looking at setting up a small band of fans to really sort something great for a couple of games next season.

Steve you are one that really should be involved in a small band of fans, we must speak + plus you know who who PM'd me about it.

CITY FOR LIFE

Well done for all your efforts City For Life, and good to hear you're hoping to get some more people together for games next season. But I was thinking, why wait till next season? The Spurs game is going to be huge for us and its a night game so something like this could look incredible. The Spurs game is not for a few weeks so we've got time to get something really special planned, maybe the police will be less uptight about toilet rolls as its not a local derby?

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Well done for all your efforts City For Life, and good to hear you're hoping to get some more people together for games next season. But I was thinking, why wait till next season? The Spurs game is going to be huge for us and its a night game so something like this could look incredible. The Spurs game is not for a few weeks so we've got time to get something really special planned, maybe the police will be less uptight about toilet rolls as its not a local derby?
Cheers mate.

One of the big issues sorting this was the amount of paper it was going put around the place, 50kg alone from the club in the ES so we had the cleaners to sort as well.
But I am now wondering if it is worth just posting about everyone taking ticker tape to each game in a small bag or was it best to be a one off until next season.

CFL

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
Cheers mate.

One of the big issues sorting this was the amount of paper it was going put around the place, 50kg alone from the club in the ES so we had the cleaners to sort as well.
But I am now wondering if it is worth just posting about everyone taking ticker tape to each game in a small bag or was it best to be a one off until next season.

CFL

Yeah, it is easy to over look something like the cleaning up that is involved with something like this! Whatever you reckon really, you did a good job with this one so if you want to do something similar for the spurs game its definitely worth sounding out people about. If not then like you say there'll be some big games next season anyway!

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
Cheers mate.

CFL

Yeah it'd lose its appeal if we did it all the time. Next time there needs to be a way of gettin everyone in the ground to do it, trouble is most of the fans at the games don't view this or any other internet forums, and its about finding a way of letting everyone know.

Hi Nick, Nice to meet you today. The key to this is we must think BIG if we are to do it again. As you know i brought 25 carrier bags each half full with ticker for Colin Bell North West corners, thats 231 over the vehicle access and 230/232 either side. I gave the tesco's bags out spread across the blocks, and instructed people to grab a hand full and pass the bag around to others in the immediate area as it got close to the teams coming out. Folk were up for that and i thought it worked quite well, I also got my lad to take a couple of carriers up to CB3, again just over our blocks. I think basically what we need is a couple bluemoon guy's or girl's in each block next time if we want to attempt this again in the future, this is the only way to give it some serious IMPACT. The other thing is to launch masses of it of the front rows. I did my biggest bag over that vehicle tunnel below CB 231 and got good coverage over the lower tier, with lots of smiles looking back up! The only real fail was that people started to wet themselves and launched early, but the size and cut of the ticker made it flutter for a while anyway. That lot i did was about 450,000 bits, but that said 2 people in 4 TO 5 hours easy cut it up, it was a 5 ream box so 2500 A4 sheets and cost the grand total of 13.85p!... I would be happy to do it again for a big game, but we need more people to take charge of a block and really go to town with lots of carrier bags. Butty bags are a bit to small me thinks. INTER BLOCK RIVALRY IS THE WAY FORWARD AND 231 ARE KINGS OF TICKER AT THE MOMENT!! Still a great effort and i hope we do it again but on a much bigger scale. Keep the faith for 4th...COME ON CITY!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.