Strike on 30th June

MCFCBen said:
Lucky13 said:
MCFCBen said:
in effect we do by having a lower salary and no bonuses.

Completely avoids the question and thats why the public will never support you.

I think it was a straightforward answer. We get paid less now and get more later. This evens itself out against the private sector's higher salary and bonus schemes.

I think there is a common fallacy that everyone in the public sector is on wages that ministers earn. This is not the case and the vast majority earn less than £20k per annum.

You don't need to support us, that is your opinion.

I'm under no illusion on your or anyone elses pay , I actually don't care what you or anyone else gets paid , good luck to you , but the majority of the private sector earn less than 20k and do not get a bonus , the minimum wage took care of that.

Now explain to me why you shouldn't pay more into your own pension to cover the cost of it.

Or tell me who should pay the shortfall for you.

MCFCBen said:
Lucky13 said:
MCFCBen said:
in effect we do by having a lower salary and no bonuses.

I think it was a straightforward answer. We get paid less now and get more later. This evens itself out against the private sector's higher salary and bonus schemes.

I think there is a common fallacy that everyone in the public sector is on wages that ministers earn. This is not the case and the vast majority earn less than £20k per annum.

I am not against having to pay more contributions, but these changes coupled with changing it to an average salary scheme and no pay rises for 3 years isn't right in my opinion.

You don't need to support us, that is your opinion, but it's sad that society no longer looks out for each other.

You may wish to have a look at this

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/7036131/Record-gap-between-public-and-private-sector-pay.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... r-pay.html</a>

Workers in the public sector are now being paid more than £2,000 extra a year compared with employees in the private sector, after public sector pay continued to race ahead of inflation.

The average public sector worker was paid £23,660 a year, compared with private sector workers who were paid £21,528 a year, in the three months to the end of November.

This is the first time that the gap, which has slowly widened under the Labour Government, has hit more than £2,000 and came as figures showed that the discrepancy between pay increases in the public and private sector had never been so wide.

The data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) (I thought I would put that in bold before anyone says "Oh its the Telegraph") prompted experts to warn that so far the private sector had borne the brunt of the recession and that the Government needed to take action sooner rather than later to tackle the growing public sector wage bill.

"Public sector pay has exploded out of control," said David Frost, the director general of the British Chambers of Commerce.

Again, more bullshit spouted (not just you but many that post on here and wish to strike for idelogical reasons). You are paid more and retire on more (on average). Not everyone in the private sector wears braces and works in the Square Mile.

This is why the strikes will do bugger all. The unions have been set up for a fall and even Miliband sees that.

I don't mind paying taxes to help the less fortunate.

There are plenty of them - the poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the elderly who can't afford heating, those who can't afford their own housing, the sick who need lots of expensive treatment - the list is long.

Do I mind paying taxes to provide 6.1 million public sector workers with better pensions than I and most other people will ever receive?

Yes, I do.

If we stopped paying through the nose for ultra-generous public sector pensions we could use the money for those in need of help.

urmston said:
I don't mind paying taxes to help the less fortunate.

There are plenty of them - the poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the elderly who can't afford heating, those who can't afford their own housing, the sick who need lots of expensive treatment - the list is long.

Do I mind paying taxes to provide 6.1 million public sector workers with better pensions than I and most other people will ever receive?

Yes, I do.

If we stopped paying through the nose for ultra-generous public sector pensions we could use the money for those in need of help.

Especially as the earn more than us on average by £3k anyway.

I really think you right w (h)ingers have been denied an education

it's the private sector that provides negative social value with some of the most meaningless jobs of all time that wrecks society

The public sector that provides work of real worth and positive social value that has to clean up the ruinous mess the banks have left it in

with an army of unpaid volunteers by the sounds of it

100,000 members in the civil service earn £15,000 or less

the average pension of a civil servant is £4,000

they do 120 millions pounds of unpaid overtime a yea

to denigrate them is to lie about their worth and their value

Today I happened to be working on a shunting yard in a union stronghold in Yorkshire and we got on about this strike, the vast majority called them a bunch of cnuts, why can't their pension be battered like ours have etc etc! In the rest room I read a letter from ASLEF that had put their union subs up by 3% written in pen underneath was the following, you recommended 2.5% pay rise to us who the fuck do you represent? That to me said it all! Btw I hadn't a clue who ASLEF were in all honesty until today!

without a dream said:
I don't think the teachers pensions would be costing much at all if successive governments hadn't kept skimming off the pot, they've every right to be going on strike about a change in contract that hasn't seen the slightest bit of consultation. Irrespective of that though, the government have done an excellent job of setting the public/private sectors against each other, divide and conquer.

took me ages to trawl through this lot to find the voice of reason, I have been taking the piss out of all my mates who are headteachers, teachers ,and council based staff for weeks,as all of them voted for either lib dems,or cons,to put it into a few words " I`ll never vote Consevative again " . Never laughed so hard in ages . Sorry to any Con voters ,but they keep saying what they said about NEW Labour only a few years ago . As I keep pointing out new lab. were the conservatives in disguise .
Its so obvious the Govt. want the public to fall out with the teaching profession at the moment. They have already dismantled half the NHS ,i.e. giving a new contract to the company that caused us £millions on the new computerised system ,that had to be rectified by a few people I know personally , who in turn have made a pretty packet over the past few years,hey ho even his contract ends in three months ,he is self employed with no pension ,like a lot of people.

SWP's back said:
MCFCBen said:
Lucky13 said:

I am not against having to pay more contributions, but these changes coupled with changing it to an average salary scheme and no pay rises for 3 years isn't right in my opinion.

You don't need to support us, that is your opinion, but it's sad that society no longer looks out for each other.

You may wish to have a look at this

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/7036131/Record-gap-between-public-and-private-sector-pay.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... r-pay.html</a>

Workers in the public sector are now being paid more than £2,000 extra a year compared with employees in the private sector, after public sector pay continued to race ahead of inflation.

The average public sector worker was paid £23,660 a year, compared with private sector workers who were paid £21,528 a year, in the three months to the end of November.

This is the first time that the gap, which has slowly widened under the Labour Government, has hit more than £2,000 and came as figures showed that the discrepancy between pay increases in the public and private sector had never been so wide.

The data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) (I thought I would put that in bold before anyone says "Oh its the Telegraph") prompted experts to warn that so far the private sector had borne the brunt of the recession and that the Government needed to take action sooner rather than later to tackle the growing public sector wage bill.

"Public sector pay has exploded out of control," said David Frost, the director general of the British Chambers of Commerce.

Again, more bullshit spouted (not just you but many that post on here and wish to strike for idelogical reasons). You are paid more and retire on more (on average). Not everyone in the private sector wears braces and works in the Square Mile.

This is why the strikes will do bugger all. The unions have been set up for a fall and even Miliband sees that.

I have spotted that throughout the thread, you have "backed up" your point of view with an article from a newspaper. Do you believe everything you see in the papers?

If so, more fool you.

96% of statistics are made up. (I made that up before you look in the Express
for an article from around 6 years ago that could back up a counter argument)

In response to it just being about teachers tomorrow - it isn't, it's about 90% (should I go and find a newspaper article to back this figure up?) of the public sector.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.