Strike on 30th June

MCFCBen said:
SWP's back said:
MCFCBen said:
I think it was a straightforward answer. We get paid less now and get more later. This evens itself out against the private sector's higher salary and bonus schemes.

I think there is a common fallacy that everyone in the public sector is on wages that ministers earn. This is not the case and the vast majority earn less than £20k per annum.

I am not against having to pay more contributions, but these changes coupled with changing it to an average salary scheme and no pay rises for 3 years isn't right in my opinion.

You don't need to support us, that is your opinion, but it's sad that society no longer looks out for each other.

You may wish to have a look at this

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/7036131/Record-gap-between-public-and-private-sector-pay.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... r-pay.html</a>

Workers in the public sector are now being paid more than £2,000 extra a year compared with employees in the private sector, after public sector pay continued to race ahead of inflation.

The average public sector worker was paid £23,660 a year, compared with private sector workers who were paid £21,528 a year, in the three months to the end of November.

This is the first time that the gap, which has slowly widened under the Labour Government, has hit more than £2,000 and came as figures showed that the discrepancy between pay increases in the public and private sector had never been so wide.

The data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) (I thought I would put that in bold before anyone says "Oh its the Telegraph") prompted experts to warn that so far the private sector had borne the brunt of the recession and that the Government needed to take action sooner rather than later to tackle the growing public sector wage bill.

"Public sector pay has exploded out of control," said David Frost, the director general of the British Chambers of Commerce.

Again, more bullshit spouted (not just you but many that post on here and wish to strike for idelogical reasons). You are paid more and retire on more (on average). Not everyone in the private sector wears braces and works in the Square Mile.

This is why the strikes will do bugger all. The unions have been set up for a fall and even Miliband sees that.

I have spotted that throughout the thread, you have "backed up" your point of view with an article from a newspaper. Do you believe everything you see in the papers?

If so, more fool you.

96% of statistics are made up. (I made that up before you look in the Express
for an article from around 6 years ago that could back up a counter argument)

In response to it just being about teachers tomorrow - it isn't, it's about 90% (should I go and find a newspaper article to back this figure up?) of the public sector.
it must be true its in the torygraph, and hes the font of all knowledge is our resident right wing liberalist.

MCFCBen said:
SWP's back said:
MCFCBen said:
I think it was a straightforward answer. We get paid less now and get more later. This evens itself out against the private sector's higher salary and bonus schemes.

I think there is a common fallacy that everyone in the public sector is on wages that ministers earn. This is not the case and the vast majority earn less than £20k per annum.

I am not against having to pay more contributions, but these changes coupled with changing it to an average salary scheme and no pay rises for 3 years isn't right in my opinion.

You don't need to support us, that is your opinion, but it's sad that society no longer looks out for each other.

You may wish to have a look at this

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/7036131/Record-gap-between-public-and-private-sector-pay.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... r-pay.html</a>

Workers in the public sector are now being paid more than £2,000 extra a year compared with employees in the private sector, after public sector pay continued to race ahead of inflation.

The average public sector worker was paid £23,660 a year, compared with private sector workers who were paid £21,528 a year, in the three months to the end of November.

This is the first time that the gap, which has slowly widened under the Labour Government, has hit more than £2,000 and came as figures showed that the discrepancy between pay increases in the public and private sector had never been so wide.

The data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) (I thought I would put that in bold before anyone says "Oh its the Telegraph") prompted experts to warn that so far the private sector had borne the brunt of the recession and that the Government needed to take action sooner rather than later to tackle the growing public sector wage bill.

"Public sector pay has exploded out of control," said David Frost, the director general of the British Chambers of Commerce.

Again, more bullshit spouted (not just you but many that post on here and wish to strike for idelogical reasons). You are paid more and retire on more (on average). Not everyone in the private sector wears braces and works in the Square Mile.

This is why the strikes will do bugger all. The unions have been set up for a fall and even Miliband sees that.

I have spotted that throughout the thread, you have "backed up" your point of view with an article from a newspaper. Do you believe everything you see in the papers?

If so, more fool you.

96% of statistics are made up. (I made that up before you look in the Express
for an article from around 6 years ago that could back up a counter argument)

In response to it just being about teachers tomorrow - it isn't, it's about 90% (should I go and find a newspaper article to back this figure up?) of the public sector.
I see you didn't read the article as the data is from the ONS. (if you look I actually emboldened it and made reference in anticipation of a comment such as yours, silly you)

You think they made it up?

As for backing up statements, I feel it's the best way to go though many with union leaning tendencies seem to pluck figures from the air in this thread.

Enjoy the strike, I'll be making my clients money for their pension schemes.

I'm on strike tomorrow.
Chance to get loads of little jobs done that I struggle to get chance to do.

SWP's back said:
urmston said:
I don't mind paying taxes to help the less fortunate.

There are plenty of them - the poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the elderly who can't afford heating, those who can't afford their own housing, the sick who need lots of expensive treatment - the list is long.

Do I mind paying taxes to provide 6.1 million public sector workers with better pensions than I and most other people will ever receive?

Yes, I do.

If we stopped paying through the nose for ultra-generous public sector pensions we could use the money for those in need of help.

Especially as the earn more than us on average by £3k anyway.

A complete and utter fabrication, of course.

I'm not sure where your resentment stems from but just for balance, where do you work? The City? A bank? 30 Millbank???

BTH said:
SWP's back said:
urmston said:

There are plenty of them - the poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the elderly who can't afford heating, those who can't afford their own housing, the sick who need lots of expensive treatment - the list is long.

Do I mind paying taxes to provide 6.1 million public sector workers with better pensions than I and most other people will ever receive?

Yes, I do.

If we stopped paying through the nose for ultra-generous public sector pensions we could use the money for those in need of help.

I'm not sure where your resentment stems from but just for balance, where do you work? The City? A bank? 30 Millbank???
The office of national statistics made it all up? And what independent source do you have to prove this?

kronkonite said:
I really think you right w (h)ingers have been denied an education

it's the private sector that provides negative social value with some of the most meaningless jobs of all time that wrecks society

The public sector that provides work of real worth and positive social value that has to clean up the ruinous mess the banks have left it in

with an army of unpaid volunteers by the sounds of it

100,000 members in the civil service earn £15,000 or less

the average pension of a civil servant is £4,000

they do 120 millions pounds of unpaid overtime a yea

to denigrate them is to lie about their worth and their value

Is your default setting to blame the bankers?? I didnt hear anyone complaining when they were rolling in the good times on 200% mortgages and not thinking how is that finacially possible. Although i have heard a new one from you on the public sector will save us from ruin, as far as i can see we need to start manufacturing stuff again and quell are import take. As far as i am aware the public sector dont do that and in very rich to talk about meaningless jobs when someone called a twitter expert in a council gets paid £50,000 a year

BoyBlue_1985 said:
kronkonite said:
I really think you right w (h)ingers have been denied an education

it's the private sector that provides negative social value with some of the most meaningless jobs of all time that wrecks society

The public sector that provides work of real worth and positive social value that has to clean up the ruinous mess the banks have left it in

with an army of unpaid volunteers by the sounds of it

100,000 members in the civil service earn £15,000 or less

the average pension of a civil servant is £4,000

they do 120 millions pounds of unpaid overtime a yea

to denigrate them is to lie about their worth and their value

Is your default setting to blame the bankers?? I didnt hear anyone complaining when they were rolling in the good times on 200% mortgages and not thinking how is that finacially possible. Although i have heard a new one from you on the public sector will save us from ruin, as far as i can see we need to start manufacturing stuff again and quell are import take. As far as i am aware the public sector dont do that and in very rich to talk about meaningless jobs when someone called a twitter expert in a council gets paid £50,000 a year

Dear me, another another apologist for the bankers! Only a banker/Tory could defend the indefensible.

BTW, the job you refer to at MCC was not a "twitter expert". That was a small part of the job, but even so it was seized upon by the right wing press so that mugs like you could wring your hands in indignation and base your jaundiced opinion of tens of thousands of people on one inaccurate tale.

As someone else has commented in this thread: don't believe everything you read in the papers.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
BTH said:
SWP's back said:

The office of national statistics made it all up? And what independent source do you have to prove this?

I note you've ducked my question and gone offline. As per usual!

BTH said:
SWP's back said:
urmston said:

Yes, I do.

I am what you would call a banker however as stated numerous times on this thread am sympathetic to the PS workers stance on their pensions..stereotyping ain't what it used to be

Sorry BTH, have an exam tomorrow so can't spend all night in dialogue with you.

You haven't explained how the figures from the ONS were a lie as you ironically ducked my question. Especially ironic given the fact I can't recall having ever done so with you, yet you imply I have form.

I am self-employed, running a business in the financial sector though neither a banker or financier I'm afraid. I simply look after my clients financial needs.

"Public sector pay has exploded out of control," said David Frost, the director general of the British Chambers of Commerce. [/quote]

This is why the strikes will do bugger all. The unions have been set up for a fall and even Miliband sees that.[/quote]

I see you didn't read the article as the data is from the ONS. (if you look I actually emboldened it and made reference in anticipation of a comment such as yours, silly you)

You think they made it up?

As for backing up statements, I feel it's the best way to go though many with union leaning tendencies seem to pluck figures from the air in this thread.

Enjoy the strike, I'll be making my clients money for their pension schemes.[/quote]

Of course the ONS wouldn't modify results to qualify what they want to be qualified would they?

You should work for them SWP, you'd fit in perfectly!<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:02 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
Sorry BTH, have an exam tomorrow so can't spend all night in dialogue with you.

You haven't explained how the figures from the ONS were a lie as you ironically ducked my question. Especially ironic given the fact I can't recall having ever done so with you, yet you imply I have form.

I am self-employed, running a business in the financial sector though neither a banker or financier I'm afraid. I simply look after my clients financial needs.

If you hate the public sector so much for "draining your money", god only know what you think of the unemployed and disabled!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.