Striker - Plan B

ifiwasarichfan said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Some very good calls but the one that has set me thinking is the shout for Berbatov.

Aguero's speed,Dzeko's power and Berbatov's guile.

He could play just behind Dzeko or ahead of Aguero or on his own with Isco?? and Silva behind him.

He went to Fulham on a "Free" so would cost less than what we should receive for Tevez and his wages would be lower.

He was never quick to start with so age isn't a problem. I can picture him linking up with Silva and Yaya and his Goal return has always been pretty consistent if never spectacular.

I know their is better out there such as Higuain (too similar to Aguero), Martinez and Benteke ( young and therefore a gamble) Villa (is he free of his injuries) but Berbatov ticks an awful lot of boxes.

A few Lagers later and I have changed my mind. He is good and would be value for money but not good enough for a Champions League/Prem double !

Lagers mate are you sure you aint been on the vodka :)

birchwoodgingerste said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Some very good calls but the one that has set me thinking is the shout for Berbatov.

Aguero's speed,Dzeko's power and Berbatov's guile.

He could play just behind Dzeko or ahead of Aguero or on his own with Isco?? and Silva behind him.

He went to Fulham on a "Free" so would cost less than what we should receive for Tevez and his wages would be lower.

He was never quick to start with so age isn't a problem. I can picture him linking up with Silva and Yaya and his Goal return has always been pretty consistent if never spectacular.

I know their is better out there such as Higuain (too similar to Aguero), Martinez and Benteke ( young and therefore a gamble) Villa (is he free of his injuries) but Berbatov ticks an awful lot of boxes.

A few Lagers later and I have changed my mind. He is good and would be value for money but not good enough for a Champions League/Prem double !

Lagers mate are you sure you aint been on the vodka :)

Two. Both with Red Bull in! - you know me so well Mr F !

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
What we have is already good enough lets just promote gudietti

Tevez is off mate, we can't go into the season with two proven strikers in Kun and Edin and a promising youngster who has not set foot in the Premier League yet, let alone the Champions League.

I think the side will be predominantly built around Kun, then we need Dzeko and another top striker to fill in and rotate or add to Sergio.

4 strikers is the requirement for any top 4 team in the Premier League fighting on all fronts.

sam-caddick said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Tevez is off mate, we can't go into the season with two proven strikers in Kun and Edin and a promising youngster who has not set foot in the Premier League yet, let alone the Champions League.

I think the side will be predominantly built around Kun, then we need Dzeko and another top striker to fill in and rotate or add to Sergio.

4 strikers is the requirement for any top 4 team in the Premier League fighting on all fronts.

We could play silva up front like the Spain. System ??

City have a staggering array of targets up front (in terms of numbers). Say what you want about the current regime but they're certainly thorough. Many of the names I'd never even heard of.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
sam-caddick said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

We need another 20 goal+ a season striker mate, Silva wont bag us that in my opinion.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
sam-caddick said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

The only problem with that is he can't hit a Cow's arse with a Banjo most of the time.

A Footballer as blessed as Silva should pop in at least 10 Goals a Season and he has never managed it.

Ric said:
City have a staggering array of targets up front (in terms of numbers). Say what you want about the current regime but they're certainly thorough. Many of the names I'd never even heard of.

I agree entirely on that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.