Striker - Plan B

vintiz said:
Matt the Giant said:
Keep all current strikers.
If we sell Tevez, which looks very likely, I say bring in David Villa.

Don't give me the "he's too old" nonsense. Just watch the man play, see how many runs he makes, how many opportunities he creates and how good of a finisher he still is.

He would work very well with our creative players. Would not cost too much in transfer-fee, and his reported too-high wage demands are likely negotiable.
Would love to see him get a real chance here with us, and it would not surprise me one bit if he turned out to be our leading scorer at the end of the season.

Very much injury prone

One bad one, that's it really.

Aguero and Kompany had more missing games due to injury last season than Villa.

And no one should think Villa would be signed as our "third" striker. he'd be just as much in contention for a starting spot as any Kun and Edin.
Dzeko I suspect, would be the one seeing the least game time considering he's not as comfortable out wide as both Villa and Aguero.

Shit newspaper but tomorrow's Star saying Suarez for £40million.

Edit: Oh, and the Express too...

LoveCity said:

Would make me very happy,even more so than Cavani.

While he may not be as clinical,he is certainly as influential and effective,i think he'd be an ideal fit.

LoveCity said:

Edit: Oh, and the Express too...

Get him, don't care about his attitude the man wins you matches.

Goal machine on his day and better overall footballer than Cavani.

would be nice to steal Madrid's target and turn the tables on them if they get Isco but Suarez seems to want to leave England, so I don't see it happening.

NoahCity said:
would be nice to steal Madrid's target and turn the tables on them if they get Isco but Suarez seems to want to leave England, so I don't see it happening.

That's rubbish if you ask me mate, all the media stuff is a cop out to force him to a club that will pay him a hefty sum and offer him CL football, ideally Real Madrid.

He is adored by Liverpool fans so it is the only way he could of got himself out of the club.

If Real Madrid get Cavani and we come in for him and offer him nice wages and the opportunity to win some honours he will consider definately.

fortunate son said:
Álvaro Negredo? 70 goals in 139 games. or is he not good enough?
85 in 180 in all competitions. Seems like a relatively reliable scorer, but then so is Darren Bent in the right system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.