Striker - Plan B

ifiwasarichfan said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
A few Lagers later and I have changed my mind. He is good and would be value for money but not good enough for a Champions League/Prem double !

Lagers mate are you sure you aint been on the vodka :)

Two. Both with Red Bull in! - you know me so well Mr F !

I love Vodka been trying a new one Vodka,limes in bits lots of ice and ginger beer,,, very nice... still say torres..if he is good enough for the World & european champions he will do for me fit in with his Spanish team mates like a glove

LoveCity said:
Rammyblues said:
We stick we who we have and strengthen other areas of the squad which haven't been looked at such as defence and the problematic left back position.

Tevez is almost certainly gone. An Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko/Mario (half season) strike force wasted loads of chances last season and didn't score enough, so do you think we should gamble on Aguero/Dzeko/Guidetti (currently injured and unfit)? Not for me.

Coming to this thread late, but 100% this.

If we are going to lose Tevez, we absolutely need another top striker. Last 2 seasons Aguero has spent some of it injured. Last season, quite a lot of it. Next season likely the same.

Do we REALLY plan on going into vital CL and league games only having Dzeko and Guidetti available? That would be utter madness.

FFP has really fucked us over here or I am sure we would have spent whatever was needed to land Cavani.

As it stands, we MUST either retain Tevez or find an equally good replacement.

Matt the Giant said:
Keep all current strikers.
If we sell Tevez, which looks very likely, I say bring in David Villa.

Don't give me the "he's too old" nonsense. Just watch the man play, see how many runs he makes, how many opportunities he creates and how good of a finisher he still is.

He would work very well with our creative players. Would not cost too much in transfer-fee, and his reported too-high wage demands are likely negotiable.
Would love to see him get a real chance here with us, and it would not surprise me one bit if he turned out to be our leading scorer at the end of the season.

Very much injury prone

Personally feel we need 2 world class strikers, a young striker that can become world class and then a game changer, someone that offers us something different. For me those four would be: Aguero, Cavani, Jovetic and Dzeko.

That is assuming Tevez is off and we send Guidetti out on loan too Sunderland or someone similar. And if It's true that we aren't prepared to pay the money for Cavani I'd like Higuain as our plan B, who you could argue would be a better fit for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.