Striker - Plan B

sam-caddick said:
NoahCity said:
would be nice to steal Madrid's target and turn the tables on them if they get Isco but Suarez seems to want to leave England, so I don't see it happening.

That's rubbish if you ask me mate, all the media stuff is a cop out to force him to a club that will pay him a hefty sum and offer him CL football, ideally Real Madrid.

He is adored by Liverpool fans so it is the only way he could of got himself out of the club.

If Real Madrid get Cavani and we come in for him and offer him nice wages and the opportunity to win some honours he will consider definately.
other problem though is that I don't think we will want someone who has such a bad image in thew media, don't think the management want a trouble maker like Suarez in City blue. if we plan to play one up top also it won't work with both Aguero and Suarez wanting to play. Where as if we went two up top then they could both play but Dzeko would be unhappy.

NoahCity said:
sam-caddick said:
NoahCity said:
would be nice to steal Madrid's target and turn the tables on them if they get Isco but Suarez seems to want to leave England, so I don't see it happening.

That's rubbish if you ask me mate, all the media stuff is a cop out to force him to a club that will pay him a hefty sum and offer him CL football, ideally Real Madrid.

He is adored by Liverpool fans so it is the only way he could of got himself out of the club.

If Real Madrid get Cavani and we come in for him and offer him nice wages and the opportunity to win some honours he will consider definately.
other problem though is that I don't think we will want someone who has such a bad image in thew media, don't think the management want a trouble maker like Suarez in City blue. if we plan to play one up top also it won't work with both Aguero and Suarez wanting to play. Where as if we went two up top then they could both play but Dzeko would be unhappy.

We need 4 strikers next season mate, it's minimum requirement for a team in the PL to fight on all fronts.

Kun, Dzeko, Guidetti and a new striker as Tevez is going, three top strikers and one up and coming youngster.

sam-caddick said:
NoahCity said:
sam-caddick said:

We need 4 strikers next season mate, it's minimum requirement for a team in the PL to fight on all fronts.

Kun, Dzeko, Guidetti and a new striker as Tevez is going, three top strikers and one up and coming youngster.
so you think we could keep Aguero, Dzeko, Guidetti and Suarez (or whichever new striker comes) happy next season? Even if we play one up top (if we do two than I can see it working)? Perhaps we should go for a lesser known striker for fourth spot.

NoahCity said:
sam-caddick said:
NoahCity said:

so you think we could keep Aguero, Dzeko, Guidetti and Suarez (or whichever new striker comes) happy next season? Even if we play one up top (if we do two than I can see it working)? Perhaps we should go for a lesser known striker for fourth spot.

we have guidetti for our 4th spot.

If we did have Suarez he can easily play on the left of a front three, much like Reus or El Shaarawy.

sam-caddick said:
4 strikers is the requirement for any top 4 team in the Premier League fighting on all fronts.
4 strikers, but not necessarily 4 world class strikers. Assuming we still have Dzeko and Aguero, we can definitely afford to take a punt on a relatively unknown striker. Either that, or someone who can play in more than one position, like Thomas Muller (not that I'm suggesting we could get him). If Tevez leaves, we need another striker, but I don't think he necessarily needs to be as good/proven as Tevez, especially if the new manager is building the team around what's already there. We know that Dzeko can be massively effective if we use him correctly. His goalscoring record against the very best teams is testament to that.

sam-caddick said:
NoahCity said:
sam-caddick said:
not for long - he'll be loaned out when he gets fit

sam-caddick said:
NoahCity said:
sam-caddick said:

no, I'm saying if Tevez goes and Aguero and Dzeko and Guidetti stay then we should go out for another striker who is willing to spend time on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.