Striker - Plan B

sam-caddick said:
Kompany is King said:
So Napoli say we will not pay buyout clause of £54m for Cavani.

So what happens next?

If we are not going to pursue Cavani now, then who do we go for?

Martinez, Jovetic, Gomez or has Txiki got other options which are a better fit.

I'd go for Martinez from Porto.

Certainly be interesting to see how quickly we move on, or not.

Martinez is too much of a risk if you ask me, if you are to buy a striker from Portugal I would rather se them play in Spain or Italy first.

Look at United's track record in buying star players from Portugal, it's too much of a risk for the money they will demand.

We can't get Gomez if we have Edin in the team, two big center forwards in a possession based team just will not work.

I think we will keep Kun and Edin, Tevez looks to be off, replace him with Jovetic.

Kun, Dzeko, Jovetic and Guidetti.

That's my bet anyway.

i agree but Jovetic keeps saying he wants to go to Juv

chestervegasblue said:
(Tin hat on)

Torres. Suits our style of play, has a great relationship with Navas and Silva, and could be the perfect foil for Aguero. Could possibly get him quite cheap if Chelski end up getting Cavani. If not, go all for Lukaku. That boy's gonna be immense.

Sorry chestervegasblue but can't really agree with you about Torres but with you 100% on Lukaku. He would have had a hat-trick in the first 5 minutes in the WBA game if it hadn't been for Hart's exceptional goal-keeping (I believe Hart's saves in that game persuaded Mancini to play him in the Cup Final).

As Lukaku matures he's going to get better and better and I can see him achieving the same legendary status as Drogba.We missed a trick in not signing him when we had the chance (despite Vinnie's recommendation- shades of Edin Hazard!!!) Chelsea won't let him go.

My punt would be for Higuain (this time sign the player before he joins our feeder club). Get Sergio on the phone to him!
Viva Las Vegas
CTID

Buying Torres would be as stupid as when Chelsea bought Veron. The rags must've been laughing themselves to sleep the day that happened. And they did it again with Torres. Why would we pay any money for a 29 year-old striker that hasn't been good since 2010 and hasn't been great since 2008.

I'm With Stupid said:
Buying Torres would be as stupid as when Chelsea bought Veron. The rags must've been laughing themselves to sleep the day that happened. And they did it again with Torres. Why would we pay any money for a 29 year-old striker that hasn't been good since 2010 and hasn't been great since 2008.

if some think spending £55 million is to much for cavani how anybody would think spending anything at all on a striker that cant score goals is beyond me...

Personally, I think if we can't get a world class striker in, then we might as well stick with what we've got. I also think the club's right to tell them to fuck off with that £55m valuation. If we were going to throw that sort of money around, we might as well sign Bale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.