Striker - Plan B

I would rather have Michu than Torres.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 am --<br /><br />I would rather have Michu than Torres.

roy.or.r said:
I would rather have Michu than Torres.

-- Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 am --

I would rather have Michu than Torres.
If Laudrup is as unsettled at Swansea as reports indicate, this could be a great move.

Del_Bosque said:
We might make a late play for Higuain.

He was awesome for Pellegrini @ Madrid
I like Higuain and I wonder why more clubs aren't interested. Maybe it's his shit European record.

What about the prospect of having only two strikers if tevez goes: Aguero and Dzeko , with Gudeitti hopefully becoming fit enough to play next season. I have always been a big advocate for not looking at the grass on the other side of the fence but I have to say that teams like Bayern, Madrid and even Barcelona only have 2 main strikers and manage to do well.

Also consider the fact that we will have so many attacking goal scoring midfielders like Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Isco, Milner and Navas. Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Isco can all play as a supporting striker and Yaya and perhaps Silva can also play as a striker.

This suggestion can be vindicated if we are going to apply a more flexible 4231 formation as in that case we will be playing with only one striker most of the time and as I said, the attacking midfielders can always chip in when the strikers gets injured.

e.g ...Fernandinho........Yaya.....
Nasri.............Silva..............Isco
.............. Dzeko/Aguero..................

.......Fernandinho.......Rodwell/Milner
Nasri/Isco..........Yaya.................Silva/Milner
.................. Dzeko/Aguero................

or 4-3-3

Fernandinho.............Yaya............Rodwell/Milner
Navas/Isco..........Dzeko/Aguero...........Silva/Nasri

So I can see us being effective with only 2 main strikers if tevez goes
(This is just a suggestion so don't eat me alive)

I will be more concerned about getting a Center back in there for next season as I see Micah as more of a right back.

I reckon Manuel will have one or two dark horses up his sleeve from either Spain or South America.

It isn't always necessary to spunk big bucks on a big name. Look at Michu and Chicarito. Pure goals.

Oscar Cardozo. Guaranteed goals, proven in europe, very cheap, very available and would be willing to play backup. Perfect signing. Obviously he's not young anymore, but he's never relied on pace anyway and would be perfect for the next few years, while not blocking the way for any young strikers or potential purchases in the next couple of years. Would be a great option on the cheap, seeming as there are no great options out there at the moment

Hijack Arsenals Higuain deal. Good player, and we get to watch Arsenal fans go crazy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.