Striking Duo

I think The Beast and Dzeko brought the best out of each other last season when they played together so I think that's a really good pairing.
Unfortunately Jovetic hasn't been bale to strike up any sort of understanding with another of our strikers as yet so he'll need to gain that before I'd start him as part of a front two.
I'm not convinced by Aguero and Dzeko together - they don't seem to apprecite each other.
I'd go for Aguero and Negredo - both bust a gut and are selfless so will end up on the end of eah other's final ball.

I reckon the last time City played a 4-3-3 was under Mark Hughes, yet I'm constantly seeing references to Pellegrini playing it.

Horses for courses, surely. Beast and Dzeko are out and out number 9's with an eye for goal be it off the shin, arse or anything else. You don't want them coming deep, they are out and out front men. Jovetic is more of playmaker. Although supremely talented, I am not sure he has that goalscorers natural instinct infront of goal - he snatches at shots from all over the place. You want him behind the front striker. Aguero has everything and should always start when fit.

So I'd rarely play Beast and Dzeko together. I'd play Aguero pretty much always. And I'd play Aguero-Dzeko or Aguero-Beast in a 4-4-2 at home and Aguero-Jovetic in a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 away.

Didsbury Dave said:
I reckon the last time City played a 4-3-3 was under Mark Hughes, yet I'm constantly seeing references to Pellegrini playing it.

It would be more pf a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 than a 433 as we lack true inside forwards (other than maybe Jovetic). We are simply going to swap a striker for Fernando and push Yaya further up. Now whether that means Fernando play next to Fernandinho and Yaya at the apex of the midfield triangle (4231 or 4411) or whether Fernando play alone at the base of an inverted triangle with Fernandinho and Yaya ahead of him (4141) I do not know.

Form and fitness will be the governing factors. Would be hard pressed to pick a single permutation although Aguero has to be a starter when fully match fit.

We are so lucky to have such options.

With Negredo out there is even a case to be made for playing all three with Jovetic replacing either Nasri or Silva, if need be.

I used to think Dzeko could not play alongside Aguero, last season they seemed to get better together than at any other time I have seen them.

I have no doubts Dzeko and Jovetic can operate together.

Limited chances of seeing both Aguero and Jovetic play in front, we seem to lack height and move Yaya forward instead so that partnership will be interesting.

Finally an odd one whilst Negredo out is there any chance of moving Yaya up top alongside Aguero.

In that 4 2 2 2 system

Yaya..........Aguero

Nasri..........Silva

Fernando.....Fernadhino

That might prove to be sucessful.

I like the fact that I can't decide.

Normally I prefer Aguero and Negredo. Dzeko, though, really came through for us last season. And Jovetic is having a terrific start.

I'm looking forward to seeing all four of them.

blue banks said:
I think The Beast and Dzeko brought the best out of each other last season when they played together so I think that's a really good pairing.
Unfortunately Jovetic hasn't been bale to strike up any sort of understanding with another of our strikers as yet so he'll need to gain that before I'd start him as part of a front two.
I'm not convinced by Aguero and Dzeko together - they don't seem to apprecite each other.
I'd go for Aguero and Negredo - both bust a gut and are selfless so will end up on the end of eah other's final ball.
Is that a joke? They were dreadful when they played together apart from the semi final against west ham.

for me Dzeko is the best forward we can use if we play with 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, with just a single striker upfront. put Silva or Nasri behind him (number 10 role), Dzeko will deliver. if i need to choose for his duo, i prefer Jovetic just behind him.

as for Aguero, obviously Negredo is his dynamic duo. this combination are the reason we score more than 100++ goals in PL last season. if both fit, and if we play with 4-2-2-2 formation, they both should start the game.

glad to see City blessed with so many quality and wonderful forwards.

i just want to add, combination between ;
Dzeko & Negredo = Failed, obviously
Dzeko & Aguero = Worst, Miserable & Hopeless

i'm looking forward NOT to see such combination again for upcoming season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.