Striking Duo

1998 blue said:
Aguero and and jovetic. Ever since jovetic scored against chelsea I have thought he is a world beater
I'd go for this too

It's Aguero plus another and Jovetic has got the best game to complement Aguero.

Any as long as it's not Džeko and Negredo.

That partnership was when we were at our worst last season bar about a game and a half of the whole season.

EaglesFan said:
TonyM said:
Jovetic and Aguero whenever fit should be our primary two imo. We need them to develop an understanding. It could be the best partnership in the world imo.

Too small. We would be too one dimensional/no aerial threat....tiki-taka is all but dead anyway...need either Dzeko or Negredo in there.
Jovetić is 6'1", exactly the same height as Negredo and just two and a half inches shorter than Džeko.

And to say tiki taka is dead is bizarre, it's been effective since Hungary started using it in the 1950s and will continue to be well into the future. Plus even if we had a small line-up, it doesn't mean we will play that way.

As always it will be decided by the injury list, unfortunately. Even now we only have dzeko and jovetic because negredo is injured and kun isn't fully fit.
Fortunately I don't think it will matter too much. Last year we only have dzeko and negredo for a length of time and we still went to win the league. I think the midfield also contribute to quite a number of goals then.

If I had to select 2 I would go for Aguero and Dzeko

But for the tough champions league games that you mentioned I would be tempted to load the midfield.

We simply couldn't compete at the Etihad when Munich played 6 in midfield

n6xau.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballuser.com/1073039/Manchester_City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballuser.com/1073039/Manchester_City</a>

So a 2-3-1-1-1-1-1 formation then ;-)

A on a more serious note, I do agree and think that's a pretty decent and sensible line up.

I'd go for a Aguero-Jovetic combo as it has the potential to utterly devastate the epl, I only hope they both stay fit for as long as possible. dzeko is brilliant but he seems to be best when focused on as the sole striker with silva playing right behind him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.