Striking Duo

If jovetic can become more composed on the ball then him and aguero, looking at him in todays game he just needs to take the more simple route and he seems to rush himself as soon as he gets the ball. Wouldnt argue with Aguero/Dzeko though

Negredo and Aguero by a mile. Edin and Kun have never played well together and I'm not sure Kun rates Edin, there always seems to me to be an issue with him giving the ball to Edin when they play together. Dzeko is a cracking player whose hold up play is getting better and better. However, in terms of a partnership, it The Beast and Kun, no doubt.

Also, I'm not sure Jovetic is the right player for us.

Too many first time lay offs going astray, too much time needed and not enough intelligent running off the ball.

He doesn't get the time or space in this league to do the things his game is built around. He's clearly very talented but I'm not sure we're the right team or if this is the right league for him.

Love Bites and Everything said:
Negredo and Aguero by a mile. Edin and Kun have never played well together and I'm not sure Kun rates Edin, there always seems to me to be an issue with him giving the ball to Edin when they play together. Dzeko is a cracking player whose hold up play is getting better and better. However, in terms of a partnership, it The Beast and Kun, no doubt.

Too many first time lay offs going astray, too much time needed and not enough intelligent running off the ball.

He doesn't get the time or space in this league to do the things his game is built around. He's clearly very talented but I'm not sure we're the right team or if this is the right league for him.

Jovetic brilliantly put Dzeko in the first half, with Dezko having a tame effort, should have been a goal. He played Nasri straight through in the first half with a brilliant first time pass, Nasri cocked it up as per. He put the he ball on Dezeko's head in the second half with a deft chip. That is 3 clear goal scoring chances he created, not to mention that if he had connected with one of his efforts better he may have ended up scoring himself. One of his shots in the second half was blocked by a last ditch slide form a Newcastle defender, it was going straight into the far corner if the net. You must have high expectations.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:

Jovetic brilliantly put Dzeko in the first half, with Dezko having a tame effort, should have been a goal. He played Nasri straight through in the first half with a brilliant first time pass, Nasri cocked it up as per. He out the ball on Dzeko head in the second half with a deft chip. That is 3 clear goal scoring chance he created, not to mention that if he had connected with one of his efforts better he may have ended up scoring himself. One of his shots in the second half was blocked by a last ditch slide form a Newcastle defend, it was going straight into the far corner if the net. You must have high expectations.

I'm not questioning the talent, just his suitability for us.

He's a number 10, and a very talented one, I'm just not sure we need a number 10 in his style and I'm not convinced he's going to able to produce his best in games played at the pace they are in the Premiership.

Jovetic needs to calm down. All that weird, pointless movement from him instead of playing simple passes.

He makes better decisions away from the goal when he isn't putting himself under pressure to score.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:

Jovetic brilliantly put Dzeko in the first half, with Dezko having a tame effort, should have been a goal. He played Nasri straight through in the first half with a brilliant first time pass, Nasri cocked it up as per. He out the ball on Dzeko head in the second half with a deft chip. That is 3 clear goal scoring chance he created, not to mention that if he had connected with one of his efforts better he may have ended up scoring himself. One of his shots in the second half was blocked by a last ditch slide form a Newcastle defend, it was going straight into the far corner if the net. You must have high expectations.

I'm not questioning the talent, just his suitability for us.

He's a number 10, and a very talented one, I'm just not sure we need a number 10 in his style and I'm not convinced he's going to able to produce his best in games played at the pace they are in the Premiership.

If given a chance in Nasri's position I reckon he could offer a lot of creativity. He has a brilliant eye for a pass and works like a Trojan.

B\connellblue said:
Edin and Kun is our best partnership and has been for years. Seen nothing from jovetic to suggest he will be anything other than a bit part player. He has done nothing in any meaningful match to suggest otherwise. Thought him and Nasri were poor today.

Apart from him creating 3 clear goal scoring chances. Did you forget those?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.