Stuart Pearce and the artificial simulated crowd noise

Presume if it was Bolton it was the one when we hit the woodwork about five or six times. We murdered them that day...and lost.

The Everton one that year of the early kick off I think was the one with Danny Mills thumping that one into the top corner.

I was only at the latter but don't remember anything, could just be my memory fading mind.

Ah! Highly embarrassing it was and those in senior positions who came up with the idea soon distanced themselves from it!

Actually, it wasn't the first time it was done. Apparently, it had also been done in the mid 70s - I had a vague recollection of hearing noise coming into the Platt Lane when I was a kid and a few years back I was told by someone involved that they experimented with pumping the noise from the Kippax into the Platt Lane stand to boost the atmosphere!

The day we play music after we score is the day I give up!

Awful stuff. Can see it happening soon

gio's side step said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I thought it was Bolton too! I was at both games but only remember it happening once.

I only remembering it happening once. Definitely. Speaking of simulations. Pearce was ahead of his time. Apparantly, Qatar 2022 world cup are planning to use artificial clouds over the stadiums to combat the heat.

Back to City. I recall some people laughing about it, but others were fucking fuming

To late i'm afraid gio.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-6Hkhehqc[/youtube]

sky make the away sections sound louder through the tv to be fair.

i remember though when bellamy scored at the swamp and if you re watch it, baconface has obviously said to sky ''i dont want the away fans to sound loud if they score, have the camera change so people will thihe microphones are attached to each camera other than all round the ground.'' coz even when the sound dims, the cameras change 6 or so times.

The second he scores, you hear the microphones nearly breaking, then after half a second....dull, echoing noises.
<a class="postlink" href="http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/uu162/infowebexplore/Premiere%20League%202009/?action=view&current=ManchesterUnited-ManchesterCity4-3B.mp4&sort=ascending#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs644.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu162%2Finfowebexplore%2FPremiere%2520League%25202009%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DManchesterUnited-ManchesterCity4-3B.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/uu16 ... ty4-3B.mp4</a>

Citizen52 said:
Presume if it was Bolton it was the one when we hit the woodwork about five or six times. We murdered them that day...and lost.

The Everton one that year of the early kick off I think was the one with Danny Mills thumping that one into the top corner.

I was only at the latter but don't remember anything, could just be my memory fading mind.

It was only against Bolton.

The Everton game...we won that 2-0 IIRC, but can't remember who scored the other, it was a dire game until Mills broke the deadlock.

Didsbury Dave said:
RossyBlue1990 said:
I am sure it was against Bolton because on the phone in on the way home the Bolton fans were laughing at us. All the way through the game i kept thinking "maybe they wont notice its coming from the speakers"

Luckily for us more was not made of it and it seems to have been forgotten!

I thought it was Bolton too! I was at both games but only remember it happening once.

it was Bolton
that for me was the final straw and I returned my season ticket the following week

give City their due though I pointed out I had held It since 1968 and had seen some absolute dross and loose to sides like Halifax etc but this was the most embarassing thing ever

so no questions asked they just gave me a full refund even though it was about the fifth or sixth home game if I remember

so I think people inside the club felt perhaps they had gone a step too far and It was never repeated

I never mentioned this when I renewed ( after SP had gone)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.