Stuart Pearce

I hated Pearce with a passion.

As a player he was full-throttle and full of passion and to be honest, that was his limit. He wouldn't get past Ashley Cole and wouldn't get into City's team at his peak. He was full-throttle but limited from what I remember. He never seemed to have any 'nous' about him and I can imagine that his team talk would be about screaming, shouting 'three lions' and getting a red face.

It's amazing to think that when we had Pearce, teams in Europe etc had managers like Pep, Mourinho, Simeone etc etc coming up through the ranks. I can imagine that Pearce had a very limited understanding of tactics (run harder, defend like a lion) whereas the others would've been STREETS ahead of him. it's shocking he was ever placed in charge of us, he was absolutely shite.

The football was so bad I almost gave up my ST. I remember one game against someone shite like Boro or Birmingham at home where we made NO attempt to win the game and just sat back all game. That summed him up - shite.

When he put James up front to try to score a goal, it was both extremely funny but summed him up. It was PATENTLY clear that James simply could not play football AT ALL and had no reason to be up there as he couldn't even head it. All he give was give fouls away.

How he got the England U21s(?) job after us astounded me and just summed England up at the time.

I hated Pearce with a passion.

As a player he was full-throttle and full of passion and to be honest, that was his limit. He wouldn't get past Ashley Cole and wouldn't get into City's team at his peak. He was full-throttle but limited from what I remember. He never seemed to have any 'nous' about him and I can imagine that his team talk would be about screaming, shouting 'three lions' and getting a red face.

It's amazing to think that when we had Pearce, teams in Europe etc had managers like Pep, Mourinho, Simeone etc etc coming up through the ranks. I can imagine that Pearce had a very limited understanding of tactics (run harder, defend like a lion) whereas the others would've been STREETS ahead of him. it's shocking he was ever placed in charge of us, he was absolutely shite.

The football was so bad I almost gave up my ST. I remember one game against someone shite like Boro or Birmingham at home where we made NO attempt to win the game and just sat back all game. That summed him up - shite.

When he put James up front to try to score a goal, it was both extremely funny but summed him up. It was PATENTLY clear that James simply could not play football AT ALL and had no reason to be up there as he couldn't even head it. All he give was give fouls away.

How he got the England U21s(?) job after us astounded me and just summed England up at the time.
Pep was still playing when Pearce was managing us - Pep had a trial with us but we didn't offer him a contract, although Pep has said that was the right decision.

It's still hard to believe even though we know it's true those 8 or 9 games at home after Xmas without a Goal. Just simply fuckin staggering. To see him with a face like thunder after us lifting the CL summed the bitter twat up.
Spot on mate.

We'd been shit for years before Pearce but I honestly think that was the most boring football I've ever seen. I'd honestly rather have been relegated having a go than just trying to sneak draws.

It's still hard to believe even though we know it's true those 8 or 9 games at home after Xmas without a Goal. Just simply fuckin staggering. To see him with a face like thunder after us lifting the CL summed the bitter twat up.

That was the closest I’ve ever been to not renewing my season ticket. It was worse than the 96 and 01 PL relegation seasons but somehow we stayed up, mostly due to a couple of unexpected wins at Newcastle and Boro.

That was the closest I’ve ever been to not renewing my season ticket. It was worse than the 96 and 01 PL relegation seasons but somehow we stayed up, mostly due to a couple of unexpected wins at Newcastle and Boro.
You weren’t alone.

I vaguely knew someone who worked at City and he said renewals were way down. They extended an early bird deal to try and entice Blues back.

I'm pretty sure it was the Charlton game when I actually thought WTF ia all.this about. I remember it because we were pissing ourselves thinking can it get any worse and I'm 99% sure.Dunne nearly headed one of his famous own goals in.

Posted this in the "Missing the Pearce Days" thread' not sure why there are two threads for the useless fucker:

"My first visit to the Etihad was back in November 2005. (Actually the day that Keane walked out on united. I figured that there was only room for one awkward fucker from Cork in Manchester...:)) The match was against Blackburn who were managed by Leslie Hughes. Not surprisingly, it finished 0-0 in one of the most God-awful turgid matches that I have ever seen. The biggest cheer was for Pearce throwing the ball at a Blackburn player at a throw-in iirc.

I didn't mind. I met loads of good peeps from the old TalkinCity site and we drank the night away. Quite a few back in my hotel due to my resident status...:) Great weekend but the football was fucking awful."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.