"Stupendous!"

Deffo Tyler for me - it's too odd an expletive to start a sentence then continue in normal voice mode for Quinny. Plus there'd be too short a break between Tyler finishing and Quinny starting. There's a longer break between the word and the start of Niall Quinn suggesting MT had signalled he was done (usually by lowering his mike or nodding to co-host). Watch the commentators at the cricket and note how they don't talk over each other - it becomes second nature to them, but creates small gaps (or days in test cricket!).

It also sounds more like it is being used to end an amazing statement, so Tyler it is.

Never seen any compelling evidence either way, other than anecdotal, but I still think it was Quinn. Having said that I've not watched it for a while.

Ric said:
Never seen any compelling evidence either way, other than anecdotal, but I still think it was Quinn. Having said that I've not watched it for a while.

Obv Quinny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFb15LHIqoA[/youtube]

Harvster said:
I asked the boys about this at a home match last Autumn, as I sit three rows behind their commentary position. Martin Tyler didn't have a clue what I was talking about but Niall Quinn had obviously been asked before. Quinny said it was defo Tyler, Tyler could not remember saying it at all but said he presumed it must have been him if Quinny was so sure. Shocked me as I was firmly in the Quinny camp. Posted this before by the way (page 80odd I think). Somebody responded at that saying complete fairy story or some-such, but is gospel chaps.

well there we go, it was tyler then.

Saw Niall outside the ground tonight but forget to ask him the million dollar question.

Word round the campfire is it was Tyler who uttered those immortal words

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.