Stupid little things that bug you

Have you noticed how they often take a sip of water after answering a question correctly. Interesting involuntary response. Any resident psychanalysts care to comment?
Yes I have noticed that. I think it's simple embarrassment at having got one right and they feel they have to do something rather than just sit there with the camera focussed on them..

Yes I have noticed that. I think it's simple embarrassment at having got one right and they feel they have to do something rather than just sit there with the camera focussed on them..
When I watch I award myself a half point if I understand the question never mind answering it. Then take a gulp of beer.

Football commentators that apologise every time a swear word is picked up by one of the microphones really get on my nerves. It's not like they're responsible for someone on the touchline swearing so why the fuck do they feel the need to apologise.

Everyone watching should know that people swear at football matches and anyone that would get upset by a swear word not followed by an immediate apology by someone else should get a new hobby.

Football commentators that apologise every time a swear word is picked up by one of the microphones really get on my nerves. It's not like they're responsible for someone on the touchline swearing so why the fuck do they feel the need to apologise.

Everyone watching should know that people swear at football matches and anyone that would get upset by a swear word not followed by an immediate apology by someone else should get a new hobby.
Imagine being a radio commentator at Goodison. You'd spend the entire 90 minutes apologising for the locals' grasp of the English language

They are a bit like the cyclists on the canal tow path. If I see them my elbows are spread wide and if they ever come too close it will he shoulder down and knock them into the gutter.

Bear in mind that like cyclists these shits don't have insurance so if they send you to a&e you have little come back.

Live right next to a towpath on the canal. Recently 3 middle class off road bikes were hurtling towards me and the little jack russell. I stood in the middle of the towpath to slow them down. It is concessionary for bikes and the signs tell them to give way to the walkers. They slowed and the conversation went something like.
" Can you slow down , the dog doesn't like the speed"
"I don't like dogs"
" Do you fucking like swimming"

He nearly went in with his bike to follow, I was a tad angry.
I now carry a walking stick and next time it is going between the spokes.

Live right next to a towpath on the canal. Recently 3 middle class off road bikes were hurtling towards me and the little jack russell. I stood in the middle of the towpath to slow them down. It is concessionary for bikes and the signs tell them to give way to the walkers. They slowed and the conversation went something like.
" Can you slow down , the dog doesn't like the speed"
"I don't like dogs"
" Do you fucking like swimming"

He nearly went in with his bike to follow, I was a tad angry.
I now carry a walking stick and next time it is going between the spokes.
Brilliant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.