Stupid little things that bug you

Radio 2 has morphed into Radio 1.5 in the last few years. Just wall to wall modern R 'n' B, and throw in bland shite like Adele/Shearan, . Hardly anything that could be construed as rock music. You rarely even hear anything known as "traditional R2 music"..... e.g. Carpenters, Gilbert O'Sullivan, etc.

Pop Master, and that's it, for me.. They've gone too far in trying to capture 30 something mums from Heart, Galaxy, Capital.
Too right, Radio 2 used to be great but there’s no decent music on there apart from on the Jeremy Vine Show (gets tin hat out). Glad I’m not the only one who can’t stand the genre that includes Adele and Sheeran. Why can’t they play a bit of Punk “light” mixed with some rock classics, guitar bands and brilliant solo artists from yesteryear. Ken Bruce probably has the worst playlist going but I don’t listen to Radio 2 a lot these days so could be wrong.

Radio 2 has morphed into Radio 1.5 in the last few years. Just wall to wall modern R 'n' B, and throw in bland shite like Adele/Shearan, . Hardly anything that could be construed as rock music. You rarely even hear anything known as "traditional R2 music"..... e.g. Carpenters, Gilbert O'Sullivan, etc.

Pop Master, and that's it, for me.. They've gone too far in trying to capture 30 something mums from Heart, Galaxy, Capital.
I’ve been saying the same about BBC Radio 6 Music going the same way over the last few years.

There’s still a lot of traditional Radio 6 stuff, but there’s been an influx of shit 90s and 00s r’n’b like Nelly, Beyoncé, Usher, Kelis etc.

Music that Radio 1 has stopped playing because it’s old, but it’s not traditional Radio 6 stuff. I don’t tune into Stuart Marconi to listen to that kind of music, and I’m certain it’s not stuff that him and Steve Lamacq have on their playlists and look forward to playing.

They’ve also binned off Shaun Keaveny which no listener wanted or was happy about.

I know the BBC wanted to pull Radio 6 a while ago and we, the listeners, protested and managed to keep it. But ever since then, this shit music has started creeping in and become a feature. I have a feeling that bosses are trying to phase it out by just moulding 1, 2 and 6 into two stations eventually.

I rarely listen to 6 anymore, but I think that’s what they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
My partner has a family photo in an old frame which used to belong to her mum and which stands on the chest of drawers in which I keep my undies and socks. Every day I go into the drawer to get a clean set and the photo falls over with a bang. It's like Arkwright's till in Open All Hours. Drives me mad but she won't change the frame because it's an heirloom and claims there's nowhere else it can go.

My partner has a family photo in an old frame which used to belong to her mum and which stands on the chest of drawers in which I keep my undies and socks. Every day I go into the drawer to get a clean set and the photo falls over with a bang. It's like Arkwright's till in Open All Hours. Drives me mad but she won't change the frame because it's an heirloom and claims there's nowhere else it can go.

Repair shop? :)

The_Repair_Shop_title_card.jpg

People who pronounce "drawing" as "draw-ring".

It's illogical, ugly sounding and basically infantile.
I used to see a girl from Wigan who moaned at me for that.

She pronounced it “drowin” and didn’t understand why Mancunians added some “rr”s to the middle for “drarrin”.

She wasn’t arsed that she didn’t pronounce the “g” at the end but was arsed about me saying “drarrin”!

A thin bead of clear silicone will sort that out.

I recently found myself fancying Angela Rayner. It bugged me.

Luckily, the feeling soon passed.
Could be a thread of its own this…

I fancied Katherine Downes off BBC News for a while. I saw her walking her dog in Chorlton Water Park once, and I was sat down on the benches and she sat down next to me for a minute to pull her boots up or some-thing-or-other and said hello and then walked away. And from that for about six months, every time I saw her on the News I thought “I want to shag her!”

I don’t find her attractive anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.