Stupid little things that bug you

TV announcers with glottal stops and that ludicrous yoof type accent.
Oh yes (had to look up glottal stops, though).

I'm sick of BBC continuity announcers sounding like they're from downtown Harlem, when they're introducing a news programme. I heard one the other day, and I was half expecting him to say "innit" at the end.
I don't want Mr Cholmondley-Warner, either. Just someone with a neutral voice.

The use of the word ‘fantastic’ to describe virtually everything in the slightest way good.
In today's modern English, pronouncing "want to" and "going to" as "wanna" and "gonna" is considered okay. Probably an age thing, but just on a personal level, I feel it's not what I was taught in school (many, many, years ago!).

People who chew gum with their mouth open and a slack jaw.
Most football managers are guilty of this, a particularly horrible site is the camera zooming in on Carlo Ancelotti or Sam Allardyce.

The use of the word ‘fantastic’ to describe virtually everything in the slightest way good.
I have heard these yoof type announcers on both the BBC and ITV. They really piss me off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.