Stupid little things that bug you

People that use cm for measurement. Millimeters or Meters is all you need. Ex 1200mm = 1.2m. Industry standard. Only drop shorts use cm.
A mate of mine's wife was measuring an alcove for some shelves and despite having a tape measure she came up with "It's about 140cm" Super, I'll order the wood and hope for the best shall I?

A mate of mine's wife was measuring an alcove for some shelves and despite having a tape measure she came up with "It's about 140cm" Super, I'll order the wood and hope for the best shall I?
Now’t wrong with that. If he orders 10’ pieces he’ll get two shelves out of each one.
letting a woman near a tape measure is an entirely different matter. Automatic man card removal.

Now’t wrong with that. If he orders 10’ pieces he’ll get two shelves out of each one.
letting a woman near a tape measure is an entirely different matter. Automatic man card removal.
This, incidentally, is the bloke who I worked with building dry stone walls, mainly field walls. He doesn't like doing work in residential gardens on the basis that the clients are apt to criticise on the grounds that they will actually look at the work regularly.

I think that they deserve each other.

People that use cm for measurement. Millimeters or Meters is all you need. Ex 1200mm = 1.2m. Industry standard. Only drop shorts use cm.
Our mix-and-match usage of imperial and metric system measurements bugs me.

My height, chest, waist, inside leg, shoe size, weight, distance to somewhere, speed I’m travelling, the drink I order at the pub, the burger I order from Charcoal Pit etc etc. are all taken in imperial measurements.

But the weights at the gym, bottles of Coke at the shop, and furniture from IKEA are all taken in metric.

Just fucking stick with one or the other.

I’ve never once changed my scales to KGs to see how much I weigh, so why are the weights in the gym in KGs? Makes no sense!

“I’m doing a ten ‘kay’ run soon, hoping to build up to a marathon one day”… Why is one 10km but the other 26miles? Fucking make them both km or both miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.