Stupid little things that bug you

@DrBlueBob I previously mis quoted the lines for El Paso by Marty Robbins on here and now it seems Little Flo has met the same fate.
For some reason I always thought he said Oh Flo.

Oh well.
Corrected I stand. :-)
You are most welcome. OCD, it would seem, is both a blessing and a curse.

Jump, you fucker jump. :-)

My own carelessness.
Sometimes I make things without reading the instructions properly and screw up, so I have to go back and undo my work. It's frustrating, but it's a habit of mine.
My missus says 'Why don't you read the instructions?'
Because I think I know better. But sometimes I don't. It's fucking annoying but it's something I do.

If the question were phrased differently would that make it non racist?

By that I mean are you allowed to ask someone's heritage? I would have thought that would be ok as it's presumably borne out of interest as opposed to any other emotion.

I ask as it seems a minefield these days as to what one can or cannot say.

If, and I’m not taking it as an undisputed fact, the woman’s version of the conversation is accurate, it wasn’t simply a question. It was a grilling. The woman, allegedly, asked the question, didn’t like the answer, so carried on asking it, until she got an answer she was presumably happy with.

next door to me parking outside my house in my car spot .
I know it’s very “little Englander” like, but it bugs the shit out of me too, the list of stories are endless but the other week, I had to put a cone and my bin out to stop people parking so my girlfriend could park outside my house and bring her luggage in, she phoned me to say she’s round the corner so I can move them, which I do, walk back in the house, look out of the window, and next doors son just pulls up and parks there, wouldn’t mind but they have space for two outside their house, one of which was free !

If, and I’m not taking it as an undisputed fact, the woman’s version of the conversation is accurate, it wasn’t simply a question. It was a grilling. The woman, allegedly, asked the question, didn’t like the answer, so carried on asking it, until she got an answer she was presumably happy with.
Thankyou Stephen. I asked the question as a FOC who has asked about someone's heritage before because I am interested but in this day and age I worry about offending people more and more.

Thankyou Stephen. I asked the question as a FOC who has asked about someone's heritage before because I am interested but in this day and age I worry about offending people more and more.

I’ve got a very general rule which will serve you well 99% of the time. If you genuinely don’t mean any offence, people will pick up on that and none will be taken. If you are concerned you’re unsure of what is deemed acceptable language, ask the person you’re talking to. They may politely inform you it is a term that they rather wouldn’t hear used. Or they may laugh and say, of course that is fine. You may very occasionally meet a person who is looking for any excuse to be offended but they are few and far between and probably aren’t worth bothering with anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.