Stupid little things that bug you

How rugby league isn’t a bigger sport than it is.

Doesn’t just bug me, it’s mystifying!
Why ? Its mainly north west of England teams in working class areas that are slowly dying out.
It is a dead sport..... and I am someone who used to sponsor St Helens.

Well I am bald and suffer with skin cancer lol. But I did have my little Oliver who was a MX 5 lol. But my bad back !
My first convertible was a little MG midget when I was 17 & I cant remember a summer when I have not had a cheap little soft top since (buy in the middle of winter & sell in the late summer) :-)

Why ? Its mainly north west of England teams in working class areas that are slowly dying out.
It is a dead sport..... and I am someone who used to sponsor St Helens.
It’s nowhere near dead.

It’s the best code of football for ball-in-play stats, by a mile. It’s the best code of football for speed of action. It’s the best code of football for ticket prices.

Skill levels are at an all-time high.

The laws punish time wasting properly, there are countdown clocks to get the ball back into play quickly, when someone is down injured play carries on unless it’s a head injury, the Video Ref is used well and works well, referees are mic’d up and you can hear them all game and hear their conversation with the VR, any time there’s any danger of something in the game slowing the game down or reducing the ball-in-play stats they get them stamped out…

Crowds in Super League are expected to be back at pre-Covid levels now and with IMG taking over the running of the game, it’s expected to be on the up and enticing greater sponsors, at a time when rugby union is having money troubles and seeing clubs fold.

In Australia, RL has never been bigger. In France, the game has grown to have two decent clubs (last season both in SL and looking like it’ll happen again next season). At international level, the rise of Tonga, Samoa and Papua New Guinea has been huge for the game.

There’s no way you can watch the last two night’s games and say this sport is dead. Over 11,000 at Warrington’s game and Leigh had their biggest ever crowd at LSV.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first convertible was a Vauxhall Viva.
It had a roof, it was the floor that was removable.
I moved to the Hereford in the late 60's and my first car, after passing my test, was also a Viva. Almost every other Saturday I would fill her up (around £3.10s) and drive up the A49 at a steady 50- 60 mph, pick up my dad in Hulme then on to Maine Road. A couple of bob to a "Mind your car mister", a bag of chip (6d) from the chippy in Moss Lane and pay at the turnstile. None of this Cityzens and pre-booking bollocks.

It’s nowhere near dead.

It’s the best code of football for ball-in-play stats, by a mile. It’s the best code of football for speed of action. It’s the best code of football for ticket prices.

Skill levels are at an all-time high.

The laws punish time wasting properly, there are countdown clocks to get the ball back into play quickly, when someone is down injured play carries on unless it’s a head injury, the Video Ref is used well and works well, referees are mic’d up and you can hear them all game and hear their conversation with the VR, any time there’s any danger of something in the game slowing the game down or reducing the ball-in-play stats they get them stamped out…

Crowds in Super League are expected to be back at pre-Covid levels now and with IMG taking over the running of the game, it’s expected to be on the up and enticing greater sponsors, at a time when rugby union is having money troubles and seeing clubs fold.

In Australia, RL has never been bigger. In France, the game has grown to have two decent clubs (last season both in SL and looking like it’ll happen again next season). At international level, the rise of Tonga, Samoa and Papua New Guinea has been huge for the game.

There’s no way you can watch the last two night’s games and say this sport is dead. Over 11,000 at Warrington’s game and Leigh had their biggest ever crowd at LSV.
@Psychedelic Casual apologies. I meant the working class areas are dying out not the sport.

App based taxi firms letting drivers accept and reject fares. £4 to my nearest station and I’m on the sofa for ten minutes before one turns up. If this is fine then I should be allowed to reject drivers.

How rugby league isn’t a bigger sport than it is.

Doesn’t just bug me, it’s mystifying!

My dad is a massive rugby league fan, so I go to a few Salford games with him.

It’s great fun - even watching a team as shit as Salford are much of the time.

Really easy to understand the rules, you can have a pint in the stands, good atmosphere, exciting game, it’s ace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.