Stupid little things that bug you

The recent trend of women under 30, deliberately sounding like they're suffering from laryngitis.
For those who listen to commercial radio,the Costa ad is a typical example
On Classic FM, there's a lady who speaks with a high-pitch "whiny" Scottish accent. I can hardly understand what she is saying...and she is one of their news readers. God forbid she's chosen to announce the 4-minute warning, wouldn't want to be caught still on the toilet!

So how do you? Surely, if the pin can be removed then the glue can't be very good?
When the pin is inserted the glue is still wet, then you screw the top back on which makes an airtight joint so the glue around the pin stays wet and it removes easily. You have to make sure you screw on the top tightly otherwise the glue will set around the pin.

When the pin is inserted the glue is still wet, then you screw the top back on which makes an airtight joint so the glue around the pin stays wet and it removes easily. You have to make sure you screw on the top tightly otherwise the glue will set around the pin.
But what happens if the pin pierces the side allowing air to get in and glue to get out.

I'm just askin'

On Classic FM, there's a lady who speaks with a high-pitch "whiny" Scottish accent. I can hardly understand what she is saying...and she is one of their news readers. God forbid she's chosen to announce the 4-minute warning, wouldn't want to be caught still on the toilet!
We have one on BBC Wales. Sounds like she's on helium. Annoying but part of the beebs box ticking exercise no doubt.

I thought we were trying to get rid of plastic but I purchased a box of Jacobs Cream Crackers the other day for a rather nice cheesy biscuit snack only to find they have wrapped in plastic, individual sections of 3 cream crackers?
WTF is that all about? who has 3 cream crackers & thinks "Yep thats enough for me I certainly couldnt eat a 4th cream cracker"! (I need about 10 or 11 before I am happy & thats 4 seperate plastic wrappers)

I thought we were trying to get rid of plastic but I purchased a box of Jacobs Cream Crackers the other day for a rather nice cheesy biscuit snack only to find they have wrapped in plastic, individual sections of 3 cream crackers?
WTF is that all about? who has 3 cream crackers & thinks "Yep thats enough for me I certainly couldnt eat a 4th cream cracker"! (I need about 10 or 11 before I am happy & thats 4 seperate plastic wrappers)

I order a lot of CDs directly from the artists to avoid them being ripped off by the streaming services. However, I still find it infuriating that CDs and DVDs still come wrapped in soft plastic. As well as the environmental concerns, it is always impossible to remove the bastard stuff and when you do, the static on it sticks to your hands.

I order a lot of CDs directly from the artists to avoid them being ripped off by the streaming services. However, I still find it infuriating that CDs and DVDs still come wrapped in soft plastic. As well as the environmental concerns, it is always impossible to remove the bastard stuff and when you do, the static on it sticks to your hands.
I had a couple of CDS for Christmas and I’m still trying to find the little bit of ribbon to open them up :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.