Stupid little things that bug you

People that walk on thr grass (especially when it's wet) when there is a perfectly good pavement available.

Mainly aimed at my children.

Don't know why it annoys me soooooo much.

People, but mainly schoolkids or students, who walk 3,4 or more abreast along pavements really slowly, not leaving any room to pass in either direction.
This morning, this seemed to happen on several occasions with groups of students on Oxford Road walking to and from the Aquatics Centre.
They are probably receiving a world class further education at Manchester University, but they clearly have not learnt any common sense.

People, but mainly schoolkids or students, who walk 3,4 or more abreast along pavements really slowly, not leaving any room to pass in either direction.
This morning, this seemed to happen on several occasions with groups of students on Oxford Road walking to and from the Aquatics Centre.
They are probably receiving a world class further education at Manchester University, but they clearly have not learnt any common sense.
That's why I always carry an air horn and wear quiet shoes.

That, then is correct but when you have white, British, specifically newsreaders saying it, things like that does irritate me. It happened at the start of the Ukraine/Russia war with Keev instead of Kiev because the locals call it that. Here’s a simple daft but example, do think a French journalist who was commenting on the recent GB cycling tour, when passing though parts of Greater Manchester and Lancashire, would you think they change their sophisticated French accent to someone from Wigan? “This is Cyrille Guimard reporting from Bessie O’ th’ Barn”;)
Agreed. Is it now chicken Keev or Chicken Kiev when ordering at the pub. I don’t want to upset anyone in the kitchen.

Ticket inspectors at Picc. Turn up with just the ticket in Google Wallet and they scan it; job done.
Turn up with ticket in Google wallet, plus brew from Greggs, plus butty, plus bag, plus Metro, and the twunts also want to see my FOC railcard.
Twunts.

The public and their priorities....

- Declan Donelley gets a drink driving conviction, takes a year off TV and didn't kill anyone. People on Social Media said he should never come back on TV.

- Phil Schofield and Holly jump a queue. They didn't kill anyone. A petition gets launched to take their jobs off them, loads sign it.

- Lee Hughes kills a father and son via drunken dangerous driving. Not at one moment is a similar thing said regarding a football pitch like in the Declan Donelley situation, nor are there petitions to stop him doing so. Instead nothing gets said after his prison sentence and scores a hat trick for Notts County.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.