Stupid little things that bug you

Lynne Truss. :-)

Incidentally I have read that and am still none the wiser as to where all the apostrophes should go, and I am not dyslexic.

On a broader note, and not to ignore your point, I believe that it is important to have a basic grasp of grammar which is not often the case. Even many of the so called journalists out there don't seem to paid attention in class.
*to have paid attention

;)

Grammar Bullies and Grammar Police wankers.

People who bring others up on it are bullies and don't realise there are dyslexic people out there. They also most probably bought Lizz Truss's book "Eat, Shoots and Leaves", which Marcus Brickstoke on Room 101 in 2007, placed the blame on for why people are like this towards others.
I think much of it is said in jest so I wouldn’t take it too seriously mate, some of my favourite posters can’t spell for shit and have really crap grammar, yet once you manage to work out where the grammar’s supposed to be, they’re really good posts.

Train announcers who say 'We are now arriving into Manchester Piccadilly' - or wherever.

You don't arrive 'into', you arrive 'at'. Fuck knows from whence this illiterate shite originated.

I was on a train the other day that had auto announcements in English and Welsh. I don't have an issue with this when the train has come from or is going to Wales, but my train was from Chester to Euston, which is entirely within England!

Grammar Bullies and Grammar Police wankers.

People who bring others up on it are bullies and don't realise there are dyslexic people out there. They also most probably bought Lizz Truss's book "Eat, Shoots and Leaves", which Marcus Brickstoke on Room 101 in 2007, placed the blame on for why people are like this towards others.
Dyslexic poepel reelly get up my fcuking nose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.