Stupid little things that bug you

When queuing to in the Etihad and the bloke in front has to have his man bag searched. It's a bloody football match who needs a man bag anyway, what's wrong with pockets ?

Many people have medical conditions that require them to bring stuff with them. Like epipens, insulin, dressings, all sorts. I take a rucksack basically everywhere I go in case of emergencies and I’ve had comments like this before. Some busy cunts around ;)

All the time kaz. Annoys the fuck out of me. The Sainsbury’s delivery people round my end are super helpful though. They’ll bring the crate in my house and drop it on the kitchen table so I can unload it.

Every other delivery service just ditch it at your door and fuck off asap, don’t even wait for you to answer. Not only in plain view for it to get robbed but also low down so I can’t even move it to a safe place. Usually I’m left with the choice of waiting for the wife to get home or struggle the thing through the door looking like the world’s most pathetic limp fish.
I get 20kg bags of bird food delivered by amazon and they dump it on the floor and if i am lucky they will knock the door before sprinting off , i cant lift it so end up having to ask next door to help me , some of them are good about knocking but not all, very annoying

I get 20kg bags of bird food delivered by amazon and they dump it on the floor and if i am lucky they will knock the door before sprinting off , i cant lift it so end up having to ask next door to help me , some of them are good about knocking but not all, very annoying

Havent you got a local shop that might deliver ? Might more helpful

All the time kaz. Annoys the fuck out of me. The Sainsbury’s delivery people round my end are super helpful though. They’ll bring the crate in my house and drop it on the kitchen table so I can unload it.

Every other delivery service just ditch it at your door and fuck off asap, don’t even wait for you to answer. Not only in plain view for it to get robbed but also low down so I can’t even move it to a safe place. Usually I’m left with the choice of waiting for the wife to get home or struggle the thing through the door looking like the world’s most pathetic limp fish.

Unfortunately the way we all get cheap or free next day delivery is through drivers having lots of drop-offs and no turn around time. And they don't take into account disabilities, should do but then Amazon also forces drivers into pissing in bottles so even where it's the law it would still be something you can't rely on.

Might be worth looking for a tech solution Kaz, if you can track when it is being delivered you can have a garden trolley out ready for them to put it in. Not sure if there is a step to your door if you have side access, but would that work for you?

You'll need to get someone to lift it and assemble it for you though.

I have a video doorbell that also starts recording and sends a notification to my phone when movement is detected, shortly after installing this the postman delivered a signed item worth over £400 to next door and the arseholes left it outside after signing for it. I'd rather things go back to the depot than have to rearrange delivery than shitheads do stuff like that.

Unfortunately the way we all get cheap or free next day delivery is through drivers having lots of drop-offs and no turn around time. And they don't take into account disabilities, should do but then Amazon also forces drivers into pissing in bottles so even where it's the law it would still be something you can't rely on.

Might be worth looking for a tech solution Kaz, if you can track when it is being delivered you can have a garden trolley out ready for them to put it in. Not sure if there is a step to your door if you have side access, but would that work for you?

I have a video doorbell that also starts recording and sends a notification to my phone when movement is detected, shortly after installing this the postman delivered a signed item worth over £400 to next door and the arseholes left it outside after signing for it. I'd rather things go back to the depot than have to rearrange delivery than shitheads do stuff like that.
Thanks for the suggestions , i have steps front and back so would still have to bug the neighbour

Delivery drivers. I can't remember the last time one of them knocked on the door before fucking off.
How much oof a hardship is it to just rap on the door as your walking away?
Home all day yesterday and kept going up and checking because I know they wont knock.
Finally as I'm going to bed, I have another look and sure enough, there's a $300 motorbike helmet sitting in front of the door.
P.s, You can reach it from the pavement in front of the house (and that's why they don't knock.
They don't even come up the steps) so anyone can nick it.

Thanks for the suggestions , i have steps front and back so would still have to bug the neighbour

There are stair climber trolleys available but not sure if they fit the weight you need and are suitable for your disability.

Other option is to get a permanent platform out there with instructions for "delivery here" and that might allow you to decant it into more manageable smaller containers/bags.

Last edited:

Yeah I find it hard to get annoyed at the delivery drivers (though it sounds like I am), ultimately they are behaving in a way that aligns to their company’s policy and the impossible conditions they deal with.

I’m not really asking for a lot but just a checkbox where I can put “I need assistance with my delivery” so they know on their system and the delivery driver gets an extra few minutes for his quota. But of course that won’t happen because it does nothing for Bezos’ margins.

Tell the fat fucks to feed themselves

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.