Stupid little things that bug you

It does sound that way!

We have a 17 year old deaf cat that is on a lap pretty much 24/7, so jumping up and dashing to the door isnt always an option.

How long would you leave it between doorbell presses if you were visiting a friend’s house?
a couple of minutes, then id call them an ignorant **** and go home

Everyday is a world something day. Today must be "World drive like a twat day".
I drove just 6 miles to a local garden centre -
1. Pulling out of a side road, waiting for approaching car to pass. At the very last second he indicates left. Stream of traffic behind him which I could have avoided with an earlier signal.
2. Passing a school where the road has been narrowed with priority arrows. My right of way but some young dickhead "aint havin it brov". Comes speeding through causing me to brake sharply. He's laughing as he goes past.
3. Following a lady driver who has her left indicator flashing. Passes two junctions without turning so I'm assuming she's doesn't realise it's on. Two more junctions then, without any change of indicator turns right into a driveway.
All this during a 10-minute drive.

Can't stand that On the Beach advert and they horrible overweight family in it. The song sticks in your head horribly and that is what they are doing it for, using irritating tactics so you use them to book a holiday.

It's very British to use annoying gimmicks to flog something to the public and i am not falling for it. Whenever I go abroad and see adverts on TV, not one of them does this, I find them entertaining.

The Dean Martin or Ol' Blue Eyes song (one of the "Rat Pack" anyway) in the advert is originally a Christmas song, which makes it all the more annoying, especially the backing singers going "holidays!, holidays!".

When the advert ends and goes "On the Beach!", I always say "fuck off". Advert breaks are one of my biggest pet hates.

I only ever liked the Tango adverts and that Thinkbox one with the "F-R-I-E-N-D-S!, do you really need them?... Yes!" Song.

Can’t listen to commercial radio either. Some prick with an exaggerated local accent shouting at me every 10 minutes? No thanks.

Can't stand that On the Beach advert and they horrible overweight family in it. The song sticks in your head horribly and that is what they are doing it for, using irritating tactics so you use them to book a holiday.

It's very British to use annoying gimmicks to flog something to the public and i am not falling for it. Whenever I go abroad and see adverts on TV, not one of them does this, I find them entertaining.

The Dean Martin or Ol' Blue Eyes song (one of the "Rat Pack" anyway) in the advert is originally a Christmas song, which makes it all the more annoying, especially the backing singers going "holidays!, holidays!".

When the advert ends and goes "On the Beach!", I always say "fuck off". Advert breaks are one of my biggest pet hates.

I only ever liked the Tango adverts and that Thinkbox one with the "F-R-I-E-N-D-S!, do you really need them?... Yes!" Song.

Can’t listen to commercial radio either. Some prick with an exaggerated local accent shouting at me every 10 minutes? No thanks.
It’s that Bolton fella who does the advert who starts off sounding like he’s swearing by saying ”Bucking blah blah”, therefore, implying he is swearing by saying the “F” word, then goes through the rest of the advert by pronouncing booking, as booooking, or book as booook. He and the advert are plain stupid.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.