Stupid little things that bug you

When people say things like:

“HIMARS system”, when the ‘S’ in HIMARS stands for System. That’s the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System system.

“Can you tell me the ULN number?”, when the ‘N’ in ULN stands for Number. That’s asking for the Unique Learner Number number.

“Can you send me the CTF file?”, when the ‘F’ in CTF stands for File. That’s asking for the Common Transfer File file.
Mrs JASR, always took me to task for saying the ED dept.

When people say things like:

“HIMARS system”, when the ‘S’ in HIMARS stands for System. That’s the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System system.

“Can you tell me the ULN number?”, when the ‘N’ in ULN stands for Number. That’s asking for the Unique Learner Number number.

“Can you send me the CTF file?”, when the ‘F’ in CTF stands for File. That’s asking for the Common Transfer File file.
Don't forget the VIN number.

Deliberately misleading news stories
Had one pop up on the phone warning 14 people in the UK killed by snakes. Like a dickhead I clicked it and it turns out 14 people killed since 1846

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.