Stupid player sales

Thought Ward was treated slightly unfairly - wasn't that bad and put a good shift in - unlike most at that time.
Mark or Ashley? Ashley was a bench player in the promotion season who I can't remember ever playing for us bar coming on as a sub once.

The promotion team was full of young lads putting in shifts.

Might not fall in to the category of stupid sales but some of youngsters we have let go over the years is quite galling especially given the careers they went on to have.

Gerry taggart. Neil Lennon. Ashley ward. Paul warhurst. To name a few from when weren’t particularly good.
The sale of Earl Barrett to Oldham for about £30k, in the same era, was as bad.

I still remember the pains I felt from De Jong's sale.
I wasn't that bothered. Hard as nail and good in the tackle but limited passing range. A year or so later we signed the best DM ever to have graced the Premier League. Fernandinho was a world class player who made us tick. I miss him.

It's not hindsight, it's the current situation we've helped create by selling them two quality players with winning mentalities.

I think most would have agreed that Jesus and Zinchenko would strengthen Arsenal but nobody would have said they were going to have achieve an 8 point lead in the table before the season was half way through. Nobody went into this season season them as serious title rivals with or without those players.

I think most would have agreed that Jesus and Zinchenko would strengthen Arsenal but nobody would have said they were going to have achieve an 8 point lead in the table before the season was half way through. Nobody went into this season season them as serious title rivals with or without those players.

Maybe we should have expected it to some extent?

Hindsight obv, but Arteta learnt off Pep and has got his team playing a very similar system. We know it took City a year or so to adapt to Pep's ideas, so maybe we should have expected an improvement from Arsenal also.

And, if we’ve beaten Everton, Villa and Brentford we’ve got 7 points more and we’re big favourites to win it, regardless of the stellar start Arsenal have had. Mind you, I think, according to many media outlets anyway, last January we were 14 points ahead of Liverpool and still needed a ridiculous last 15 minutes of the season to win it. I suspect there’ll be a few ups and downs yet..

Not from 8th to first no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.