Stupid player sales

Maybe we should have expected it to some extent?

Hindsight obv, but Arteta learnt off Pep and has got his team playing a very similar system. We know it took City a year or so to adapt to Pep's ideas, so maybe we should have expected an improvement from Arsenal also.

I think it would be a stretch to be looking at every coach who has worked alongside Pep and expect to see a crazy upturn in their fortunes after 2 years in a job.

What were the circumstances behind Stan Bowles leaving? Was he a hellraiser when he was at City?

I wasn’t even born, but I’m guessing there must have been some level of stupidity in letting a local lad leave, who then went on to be one of the most gifted players of that generation.

Might not fall in to the category of stupid sales but some of youngsters we have let go over the years is quite galling especially given the careers they went on to have.

Gerry taggart. Neil Lennon. Ashley ward. Paul warhurst. To name a few from when weren’t particularly good.
Earl Barrett and Roger Palmer as well. Oldham did really well taking our young lads

And, if we’ve beaten Everton, Villa and Brentford we’ve got 7 points more and we’re big favourites to win it, regardless of the stellar start Arsenal have had. Mind you, I think, according to many media outlets anyway, last January we were 14 points ahead of Liverpool and still needed a ridiculous last 15 minutes of the season to win it. I suspect there’ll be a few ups and downs yet..
Brentford we were beaten fair and square, no complaints. Without Ederson it could have been 3-0 at half time. But we should have beaten Newcastle, Villa and Everton quite easily, three needless draws is as bad as two defeats points wise

What were the circumstances behind Stan Bowles leaving? Was he a hellraiser when he was at City?

I wasn’t even born, but I’m guessing there must have been some level of stupidity in letting a local lad leave, who then went on to be one of the most gifted players of that generation.
Yeah pretty sure it was off field shenanigans and unprofessionalism. That he went to Bury, Crewe and Carlisle shows there was no queue of clubs waiting to sign him, despite his natural ability

Edit: found this

086C8617-CDC0-4509-A724-02B50E599021.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.