Stupid player sales

Fair enough, great CB though.
I am sure I remember someone posting a few years ago that he had asked Reid why he sold Hendry and the answer received was "Because he is a c*nt".

It was a shame as he was a good player and would have complemented Curle brilliantly. I also remember Quinn being injured and thinking Hendry was the natural replacement instead of the underwhelming Adrian Heath.

I am sure I remember someone posting a few years ago that he had asked Reid why he sold Hendry and the answer received was "Because he is a c*nt".

It was a shame as he was a good player and would have complemented Curle brilliantly. I also remember Quinn being injured and thinking Hendry was the natural replacement instead of the underwhelming Adrian Heath.
In my humble there was no bigger c*nt at City than Peter Reid, top player but a knob of a man.

I certainly was not a fan of the style of football that he and Sam Ellis played which was dull long ball stuff.
He had a great start with Howard Kendall's side but he got found out, route one to Quinn and hope for the best, it was dire to watch.

To be fair to Swales he never wanted to give him the job, the fans wanted it!!

Absolutely. Especially when we signed a rookie from Anderlecht to replace him who isn't fit for purpose.
I agree that Gomez is not the answer to our left back slot, but imagine how we'd feel if we'd agreed to Brighton's valuation for Cucurella at £63m.....as he also doesn't look fit for purpose, at least not when we played Chelsea recently.

Honestly selling zinny isn't an issue the issue was not buying a ready made left back. You honestly think selling a player who started 10games last season. And to be honest zinny had his issues I.e west ham away nearly coated us the league...... There's revisionism going on here because arsenal's top of league.... News flash he wouldn't solve our issues this season neither

I agree that Gomez is not the answer to our left back slot, but imagine how we'd feel if we'd agreed to Brighton's valuation for Cucurella at £63m.....as he also doesn't look fit for purpose, at least not when we played Chelsea recently.
I thought Cucurella was right for us when at Brighton. Not been impressed with him at all for Chelsea. Definitely not worth anything near what they paid for him.

Giving away Mangala was a disgrace.Top player who had the Chelsea team in his pocket -:)

The clamour to make Zin into a perfect lb is bluemoon mental gymnastics at it’s finest.

1. Player was a backup
2. Player wanted to go
3. City do not hold players hostage if a fee is deemed acceptable
4.City thought they had an upgrade in Cucu signed, didn’t work out.
5. Arsenal were not not title challengers at the time.

Good player but not the problem. The only problem City have is that the players lost a little drive and hunger to go again and we should not have put all our eggs in the Cucu basket. Pep was right we got complacent on recruitment. We normally have a second or 3rd lined up like we did with Dias.

Maybe FFP is having a detrimental impact.

We also sold a better player in sterling to Chelsea and that has not impacted us. Chavs would have been considered more of a title rival.

Gomez had a shocker the other week but he’s so young and we know players take time to adapt to pep ball. It’s way too early to judge.

I thought Cucurella was right for us when at Brighton. Not been impressed with him at all for Chelsea. Definitely not worth anything near what they paid for him.
Yeah I thought the same tbh, thought he'd be a decent signing (at the right price) ...and maybe he would have been in our system. What I've seen since then suggests that Chelsea overpaid. What a surprise and good luck to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.