Stupid player sales

There are a whole manner of reason why players are sold, but you can bet the club or the player aren't going to divulge details because it may have reputational connotations for the selling club or affect future valuations should the player want to move again.

I was devastated when Dennis Tueart left
I recall Dennis taking 4 pens in a game all Platt lane end if i remember rightly as the pen had to be retaken twice and maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure he put each one in the same spot.
Magic player.

A double smack in the face, selling Michael Hughes and the buying Rick Holden as a replacement.

Yes losing Zin and Jesus has definitely weakened us, probably more mentality than anything else. Pep spoke about passion, guts, desire and that is something those two had in abundance and I guess in a dressing room its infectious. The dressing room dynamic has changed as it has at Arsenal also.
Ricky holden was so shit, he never realised we took the piss out of his name by chanting ' oh dicky holden".
He always waved back.

Another time, he left his ex club sponsored car outside the North stand ticket office. After a shite game we were still on our way out, he got so much shit that day. No one asked for his autograph.

Yes it was a shite sale of Hughes to swap him for Holden.

He actually really tried hard which normally worked with us, however in this circumstance his efforts most of the time proved less useful than useless.

Has anyone mentioned not signing Giggs up when he was with us as a kid? Say what you like about him, at his peak he was a very good player.

Probably doesn't count as a sale, though.

Bish and morley swap for ward
Selling hughes and buying holden
Tony coton
Paul Walsh
Colin Hendry
Letting Dissa leave a year too early
flitcroft
elano went a seaon too soon
boeteng

Zinhenko going is not a mistake or stupid sale and neither will cancelo be when goes in the summer

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.