Stupid player sales

And top on Boxing day after his wonder goal at Maine Rd (Wolves?)
To be pedantic that match against Wolves was between Boxing Day and New year, as we beat Liverpool away 3-1 on the 26th. I wish I’d paid as much attention at the actual match - as I got distracted looking something as banal as a pigeon or someone lighting up in the Maine Stand across the pitch.

Remember being jolted as the roar went up for Trev’s late winner and I saw the net still rippling in the Platt Lane end, but sadly neither the shot nor the ball going in. Don’t think we were on MOTD that night - so I never got to see it. Maybe there is some grainy footage of it out there somewhere? Apparently it was a cracker.

All of these felt daft and wrong to me at the time. I'm sure there may have been injury or other issues for a couple of them, but still... just don't replace anyone with the likes of Gerry fucking Creaney of Rick Holden...

Paul Simpson
David Phillips
Clive Wilson
Colin Hendry
Michael Hughes
Ian Bishop
Andy Hinchcliffe
Paul Walsh
Peter Beagrie
Tony Coton
Garry Flitcroft
Mixture in that list of poor management decisions , chairman cashing in and chairman cutting top earnings out of the squad

The paul walsh is easily the most baffling of all

It was his decision, he wasn’t forced out. We’re not Spurs, we don’t refuse to let a player leave if we’re offered the money we believe a player is worth.

I can't beleive we're doing this again.

Yes, he chose to leave...because Pep was very publicly chasing a £60m sack of shit for the LB position.

He didn't want to leave, he couldn't have made that any clearer than when he described leaving the club as a sad day he never wanted to happen...he wanted to stay so much he refused 2 previous attempts to sell him, but the manager stopped playing him even when Cancelo's form nose-dived again and then the club let everyone know they were after Cucurella.

In any other job, if someone stopped giving you any shifts, told everyone you were looking for new work, then hired someone to take all your old shifts you'd call it constructive dismissal. It's the definition of being forced out.

People keep trying to frame it as if he got bored of Manchester and told Pep out of the blue he was leaving and there was nothing anyone could do to stop him because it's a fantasy that rids the club and Pep of any wrongdoing.

Last edited:
I can't beleive we're doing this again.

Yes, he chose to leave...because Pep was very publicly chasing a £60m sack of shit for the LB position.

He didn't want to leave, he couldn't have made that any clearer than when he described leaving the club as a sad day he never wanted to happen...he wanted to stay so much he refused 2 previous attempts to sell him, but the manager stopped playing him even when Cancelo's form nose-dived again and then the club let everyone know they were after Cucurella.

In any other job, if someone stopped giving you any shifts, told everyone you were looking for new work, then hired someone to take all your old shifts you'd call it constructive dismissal. It's the definition of being forced out.

People keep trying to frame it as if he got bored of Manchester and told Pep out of the blue he was leaving and there was nothing anyone could do to stop him because it's a fantasy that rids the club and Pep of any wrongdoing.
That's not how I believe it went. He told City long before Cucarella that he wanted to leave. It's because he's 27 years old and was only getting 10-15 games a season with City and at that stage of his career he needs to be a regualr starter, same as any top pro. The bigger picture for City is that we tell everyone who wants to sign that if they want to leave we will facilitate that. That might well have been the clincher for Haaland and many others.

Selling. Clive Wilson still pisses me off… other awful sales were Gary Owen, Peter Barnes, David White, Ian Bishop & Trevor Morley, Steve Lomas.
City were skint and it was decent money for Clive and Mick, over £800k. I thought we sold Clive but he was allowed to carry on playing for us to try and keep us up.

The Premier League must be the shittest/overrated league in football history if a player like Zinchenko can single handedly make the supposed best team in the world inferior to a team that finished 6th last season in one transfer.

He’s being made out to be prime Roberto Carlos when in reality no one would have him in the side to face Arsenal on Friday if he was still with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.