Sturridge is being paid less at Chelsea than he would've...

MCFC-alan88 said:
He will play more for them than he would for us, look at the targets we're after and who we've already got, he would be far down the line. Chelsea only have Anelka, Drogba and another young lad, he will get more games there.
Anelka and Drogba are way ahead of what we'll have next season if we don't get Eto'o. He'd have stood a better chance here or even better at a club like Villa or Everton. Don't know where the figure of £35k a week has come from although it's general location was in the sky and I believe it was plucked!

Neil McNab said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
He will play more for them than he would for us, look at the targets we're after and who we've already got, he would be far down the line. Chelsea only have Anelka, Drogba and another young lad, he will get more games there.
Anelka and Drogba are way ahead of what we'll have next season if we don't get Eto'o. He'd have stood a better chance here or even better at a club like Villa or Everton. Don't know where the figure of £35k a week has come from although it's general location was in the sky and I believe it was plucked!

Just quoting the papers this morning pal...

mancity dan said:
got with us.

I don't understand why he has moved when we offered him £45k a week and Chelsea are only paying him £35k a week. There is no way he is gonna play for them while he is there...

Stupid boy

*rant over*

as i keep saying he knows who is coming to city, he wont get a look in.

mancity dan said:
Neil McNab said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

Just quoting the papers this morning pal...
Which ones? Be more specific if you want people to believe you.

Anelka and Drogba are both past 30 and Abramovic looks unlikely to spend another £50 million on two strikers. If Sturridge can keep fit and play as we know he can he'll get as many games as he wants at Chelsea in 2 years or so. Its questionable whether he would have got that here.

City offered 30-35k he's on 55k-60k at Chelski. If you believge the papers you must believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas.

Think this needs to be posted in here:
Damocles said:
I think this is a good move for Danny, and I wish him well in the future.

City are bringing in world class strikers left and right, Danny would have been about number 6 in the pecking order. For him to be first team (presuming we sign them all), 3 players would have had to be injured. Chelsea is a Champions League club, a contender for the league/cups and is a fashionable part of the world. If any strikers at all get injured, Danny is in. Who else is there? Di Santo?

There is a high possibility that Daniel Sturridge will play more Champions League games in the next two years than Eto'o and Tevez put together. For a young lad with the talent he has, it would not be a massive shock if he gets in the England team after the World Cup. He wouldn't get anywhere near the minutes at City that he would at Chelsea.

He hasn't been a twat about things, he said he was leaving over 6 months ago and has stuck by it. It's not like he has any major affinity with City; we gave him his first Premiership start, but it isn't like he has been at the club since he was 8 or anything.

It's always disappointing for us to lose a player with such potential, but if Danny thinks this is the best move for him, then good luck to him. I hope we prove him wrong in the long run.

I've mentioned it, i've seen Cheesy mention it, but the treatment of Sturridge by our own fans is shocking, considering the players were bidding for and the situation we're in.

No Heart! They cry... As they urge John Terry to ditch Chelsea for City.

Money Grabbing Bastard! They proclaim... As the urge Eto'o to sign a deal to make him on of the most affluent earners in his sport.

Stupid Boy! They announce... as City sign RSC, Tevez, Eto'o alongside Bojinov, Bellamy, Caicedo, Evans, Benjani he moves to a team who have; Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo, Kalou.

"Stones and Glass Houses", "Looking past the end of our noses" someone shouts from the back...

OB1 said:
Could be signing on fee but I would not be surprised if Hughes was the problem in this case. I think Hughes and Sturridge (camp) had a different view of DS' readiness for more game time. I suspect Hughes may have been right if that is the case. Not sure going to Chelsea is the way to address that either.

Don't think Hughes had much choice, Studge made his mind up to go to Chelsea this time last year according to his Uncle Dean yesterday on talk sport. Top 4 club and all that, Studge was determined to go, his family were footballers and seems to me a bit of reflected glory was on for them. I'm satisfied we tried to keep him, but he was on his way out ages ago.

Dean said it wasn't about the money, he'll be a millionaire whether he stayed at City or Chelsea.
Thanked all the work done by our academy fan's and Pearce for giving him his chance.
So could be, Hughes played one or two in front of him last season (Ched) because he knew Studge was off.

I would still say "good luck" to him at Chelsea as he's 19 and Billy big boots if you can't be the big man at 19 when can you be?
Just read yours G star and agree with you.

He has never given a toss about us so its good that we've let him go. He is a talent and may well make it but not for us. The contempt he clearly had for his team mates, be it youth team or full team, was there for all to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.