Sturridge is being paid less at Chelsea than he would've...

johnmc said:
1dart said:
johnmc said:
Good post Gstar - agree with everything and the quote from damocles as well. Double standards

Yes but Terry and Etoo have earned the right to ask for the top money theyve played in world cups and champions league finals. I dont think they were screaming for big contracts at only 19 years old with only a handful of 1st team appearances under their belt was they.

Were they at mid table clubs with Champions league clubs enticing them

No, but its pretty obvious we will be soon. I know its only paper talk about sturridge and to be honest i dont like to see even the top players earn that sort of money, i just think people dont mind as much paying a world star the crazy amounts because they have been there and done it. I dont know anything about the Sturridge situation im just talking in genral.

Shooter 83 said:
Citysmith said:
From what I've been told is that he couldn't stand Hughes and his team, I was then told he would sign on at Chelsea for less money just to rid of Hughes. I think that i mentioned this a couple of months ago.
You've been told wrong then.
We'll agree to disagree ;o)

GStar said:
1dart said:
johnmc said:
Good post Gstar - agree with everything and the quote from damocles as well. Double standards

Yes but Terry and Etoo have earned the right to ask for the top money theyve played in world cups and champions league finals. I dont think they were screaming for big contracts at only 19 years old with only a handful of 1st team appearances under their belt was they.

And theres nothing more than paper to talk to suggest that Strurridge was doing the same, at its peak, Sturridge was 'allegedly' asking for less than 50% (£70k) of Robinho's wage.

Todays its suggested he's on less at Chelsea than the contract we offered him.

Tbh I think Dean let slip in the interview. He said when he played he looked just as good as Robinho and Stephen Ireland(if you say so) so shows that he was asking for a good amout of cash. City was offering 30-35k and they thought hes worth the same as Ireland and wanted something like what he got. He really did think he was one of the best at the club, another thing Dean was going on about how Daniel thinks 'very high of himself' and is a 'very confident kid' theres no way hes going to accept 30k when he can get double at Chelski at the end of the day and City about it the right way.

When You Drew 2-2 To BlackBurn 2-0 Down, He Played A Blinder When He Came On, His Assist For The 2nd Goal Was Amazing.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYRMZqHO21g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYRMZqHO21g</a>

GStar said:
Think this needs to be posted in here:
Damocles said:
I think this is a good move for Danny, and I wish him well in the future.

City are bringing in world class strikers left and right, Danny would have been about number 6 in the pecking order. For him to be first team (presuming we sign them all), 3 players would have had to be injured. Chelsea is a Champions League club, a contender for the league/cups and is a fashionable part of the world. If any strikers at all get injured, Danny is in. Who else is there? Di Santo?

There is a high possibility that Daniel Sturridge will play more Champions League games in the next two years than Eto'o and Tevez put together. For a young lad with the talent he has, it would not be a massive shock if he gets in the England team after the World Cup. He wouldn't get anywhere near the minutes at City that he would at Chelsea.

He hasn't been a twat about things, he said he was leaving over 6 months ago and has stuck by it. It's not like he has any major affinity with City; we gave him his first Premiership start, but it isn't like he has been at the club since he was 8 or anything.

It's always disappointing for us to lose a player with such potential, but if Danny thinks this is the best move for him, then good luck to him. I hope we prove him wrong in the long run.

I've mentioned it, i've seen Cheesy mention it, but the treatment of Sturridge by our own fans is shocking, considering the players were bidding for and the situation we're in.

No Heart! They cry... As they urge John Terry to ditch Chelsea for City.

Money Grabbing Bastard! They proclaim... As the urge Eto'o to sign a deal to make him on of the most affluent earners in his sport.

Stupid Boy! They announce... as City sign RSC, Tevez, Eto'o alongside Bojinov, Bellamy, Caicedo, Evans, Benjani he moves to a team who have; Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo, Kalou.

"Stones and Glass Houses", "Looking past the end of our noses" someone shouts from the back...

Personally I do doubt that Terry will join us - it just seems too improbable. There are few players that stay with a club for life these days which is a sad thing... personally I'd rather in some respects he stayed put. That being said he is a very experienced player so you wouldn't say no if he did decide to come, I just can't see it happening unless there has been a real falling out at Chelsea.

Eto'o is a completely different proposition - yes he may have an ego and yes he may want big money but he has proven his ability and deserves big wages. Sturridge has done nothing to warrant his reported wage demands and was apparently offered a pretty decent wage for this stage in his career. If he had stayed and became as good as Eto'o then you can guarantee he'd have been on similar money.

Evans will be sold, Caicedo (hopefully) loaned, Benjani sold and Bellamy could well be injured at the drop of a hat so the pecking order would move a little in his favour... I think what city fans are saying is that if he wanted first team football and couldn't have got it here there are other clubs which would have offered him a better bet, Everton for starters.

Yes Shooter I forgot about that, when Dean said he was used to playing with world class players like Robinho and SI, I thought then to compare Studge to world class players was stretching it a bit.
(Robinho cleaned Studge's boots when he made that pass to him)

people who demand top wages and haven t won trophies should be told to " f -off " in my opinion, he showed only greed. i like the player but if his heart is not in the club and he doesn t want to wear the jersey.....good luck ... see you later mate!

Shooter 83 said:
Tbh I think Dean let slip in the interview. He said when he played he looked just as good as Robinho and Stephen Ireland(if you say so) so shows that he was asking for a good amout of cash. City was offering 30-35k and they thought hes worth the same as Ireland and wanted something like what he got. He really did think he was one of the best at the club, another thing Dean was going on about how Daniel thinks 'very high of himself' and is a 'very confident kid' theres no way hes going to accept 30k when he can get double at Chelski at the end of the day and City about it the right way.

Cambridgeblue said:
... I think what city fans are saying is that if he wanted first team football and couldn't have got it here there are other clubs which would have offered him a better bet, Everton for starters.

The wages he was demanding and was offered is something up for debate, it could be he's on double what we were offering, it could be he's on less (as mentioned on here today). Whats come out of that interview is cofirmation of Danny's self confidence in his ability. "If City won't give me what i think i'm worth, i'll go to a club that offers more who will give me what i want." I don't see any problem with that. He probably sat on the bench for large parts of this season, watching when Jo was starting, watching when Caicedo was starting and thinking, if i'm not in infront of these guys what hope have i got?

I think he's backed himself to break into a team already challenging at the top and not looking like they'll drop out of any title races any time soon. We can join that elite group but its almost impossible to completely surpass that group. So he's already got to where we'll be and he believes Chelsea value him more and he'll get his chance sooner.

I honestly don't think theres too much ground for abuse. Sure there's teams that could offer him more sooner, but he seems like he wants everything asap, he's ambitious. If i was given a chance to be on the Board at Arsenal or on the Board at Bolton, i know which one i'd take, i might get more responsibilities at Bolton; but i'd embrace the challenge of leaving my mark at Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.