Sturridge is being paid less at Chelsea than he would've...

K.Reeves right foot said:
auction294 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
He will play more for them than he would for us, look at the targets we're after and who we've already got, he would be far down the line. Chelsea only have Anelka, Drogba and another young lad, he will get more games there.

.......and then be exposed as a legend in his own mind rather than on the pitch.

His face after he scored the 4th goal v WBA said it all to me......arrogant and no heart in City.......

Yeh, but the wankers that were booing him are even more of a disgrace.

Sturridge is likely to score alot of goals at Chelsea this year, 2 strikers in front of him, not the same competition as SWP had in front of him.

When you consider that Owen is being tipped as top goalscorer this year.

Likely if he gets a run as an impact sub, with the service he will get from a phenomenal mid field better than Man Utds at the moment, he is likely to get a wild card place at the next World Cup.

Sound move good gamble and could come off for him.

I hope he does well, huge prospect and wanted to further his career, nothing wrong with it.

Also, he's English and we should be supporting them whoever they play for.

BlueMoon93 said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
auction294 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
He will play more for them than he would for us, look at the targets we're after and who we've already got, he would be far down the line. Chelsea only have Anelka, Drogba and another young lad, he will get more games there.

.......and then be exposed as a legend in his own mind rather than on the pitch.

His face after he scored the 4th goal v WBA said it all to me......arrogant and no heart in City.......

Yeh, but the wankers that were booing him are even more of a disgrace.

that twat only had himself to blame,,not sighning for 40k a week,i know who the wanker is and it aint us

GStar said:
Think this needs to be posted in here:
Damocles said:
I think this is a good move for Danny, and I wish him well in the future.

City are bringing in world class strikers left and right, Danny would have been about number 6 in the pecking order. For him to be first team (presuming we sign them all), 3 players would have had to be injured. Chelsea is a Champions League club, a contender for the league/cups and is a fashionable part of the world. If any strikers at all get injured, Danny is in. Who else is there? Di Santo?

There is a high possibility that Daniel Sturridge will play more Champions League games in the next two years than Eto'o and Tevez put together. For a young lad with the talent he has, it would not be a massive shock if he gets in the England team after the World Cup. He wouldn't get anywhere near the minutes at City that he would at Chelsea.

He hasn't been a twat about things, he said he was leaving over 6 months ago and has stuck by it. It's not like he has any major affinity with City; we gave him his first Premiership start, but it isn't like he has been at the club since he was 8 or anything.

It's always disappointing for us to lose a player with such potential, but if Danny thinks this is the best move for him, then good luck to him. I hope we prove him wrong in the long run.

I've mentioned it, i've seen Cheesy mention it, but the treatment of Sturridge by our own fans is shocking, considering the players were bidding for and the situation we're in.

No Heart! They cry... As they urge John Terry to ditch Chelsea for City.

Money Grabbing Bastard! They proclaim... As the urge Eto'o to sign a deal to make him on of the most affluent earners in his sport.

Stupid Boy! They announce... as City sign RSC, Tevez, Eto'o alongside Bojinov, Bellamy, Caicedo, Evans, Benjani he moves to a team who have; Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo, Kalou.

"Stones and Glass Houses", "Looking past the end of our noses" someone shouts from the back...

It's hypocrisy of the highest order isn't it? Of course, all our players are here for the love of the club aren't they??

GStar said:
Shooter 83 said:
Tbh I think Dean let slip in the interview. He said when he played he looked just as good as Robinho and Stephen Ireland(if you say so) so shows that he was asking for a good amout of cash. City was offering 30-35k and they thought hes worth the same as Ireland and wanted something like what he got. He really did think he was one of the best at the club, another thing Dean was going on about how Daniel thinks 'very high of himself' and is a 'very confident kid' theres no way hes going to accept 30k when he can get double at Chelski at the end of the day and City about it the right way.

Cambridgeblue said:
... I think what city fans are saying is that if he wanted first team football and couldn't have got it here there are other clubs which would have offered him a better bet, Everton for starters.

The wages he was demanding and was offered is something up for debate, it could be he's on double what we were offering, it could be he's on less (as mentioned on here today). Whats come out of that interview is cofirmation of Danny's self confidence in his ability. "If City won't give me what i think i'm worth, i'll go to a club that offers more who will give me what i want." I don't see any problem with that. He probably sat on the bench for large parts of this season, watching when Jo was starting, watching when Caicedo was starting and thinking, if i'm not in infront of these guys what hope have i got?

I think he's backed himself to break into a team already challenging at the top and not looking like they'll drop out of any title races any time soon. We can join that elite group but its almost impossible to completely surpass that group. So he's already got to where we'll be and he believes Chelsea value him more and he'll get his chance sooner.

I honestly don't think theres too much ground for abuse. Sure there's teams that could offer him more sooner, but he seems like he wants everything asap, he's ambitious. If i was given a chance to be on the Board at Arsenal or on the Board at Bolton, i know which one i'd take, i might get more responsibilities at Bolton; but i'd embrace the challenge of leaving my mark at Arsenal.

You say self belief - others say arrogance. For me Sturridge has never showed the kind of form that would justify his opinion of himself so I'm in the "arrogance" camp myself. I think it's a very, very sad state of affairs and I would have hoped he would have learned from SWP's experience. SWP was far more established and showed more promise when he moved to Chelsea than Sturridge so does Danny really think he is that good that he will command a regular place? Time will tell.

If he really had self belief he would have done what Steven Ireland did and train his bollocks of and focus on breaking into the team and making it impossible for the manager not to pick him, not pussy out of a challenge by switching teams. Fair enough if he wants more money to sit on the bench their are few that will blame him but I wish he would have the guts to admit it.

Cambridgeblue said:
GStar said:
Shooter 83 said:
Tbh I think Dean let slip in the interview. He said when he played he looked just as good as Robinho and Stephen Ireland(if you say so) so shows that he was asking for a good amout of cash. City was offering 30-35k and they thought hes worth the same as Ireland and wanted something like what he got. He really did think he was one of the best at the club, another thing Dean was going on about how Daniel thinks 'very high of himself' and is a 'very confident kid' theres no way hes going to accept 30k when he can get double at Chelski at the end of the day and City about it the right way.

Cambridgeblue said:
... I think what city fans are saying is that if he wanted first team football and couldn't have got it here there are other clubs which would have offered him a better bet, Everton for starters.

The wages he was demanding and was offered is something up for debate, it could be he's on double what we were offering, it could be he's on less (as mentioned on here today). Whats come out of that interview is cofirmation of Danny's self confidence in his ability. "If City won't give me what i think i'm worth, i'll go to a club that offers more who will give me what i want." I don't see any problem with that. He probably sat on the bench for large parts of this season, watching when Jo was starting, watching when Caicedo was starting and thinking, if i'm not in infront of these guys what hope have i got?

I think he's backed himself to break into a team already challenging at the top and not looking like they'll drop out of any title races any time soon. We can join that elite group but its almost impossible to completely surpass that group. So he's already got to where we'll be and he believes Chelsea value him more and he'll get his chance sooner.

I honestly don't think theres too much ground for abuse. Sure there's teams that could offer him more sooner, but he seems like he wants everything asap, he's ambitious. If i was given a chance to be on the Board at Arsenal or on the Board at Bolton, i know which one i'd take, i might get more responsibilities at Bolton; but i'd embrace the challenge of leaving my mark at Arsenal.

You say self belief - others say arrogance. For me Sturridge has never showed the kind of form that would justify his opinion of himself so I'm in the "arrogance" camp myself. I think it's a very, very sad state of affairs and I would have hoped he would have learned from SWP's experience. SWP was far more established and showed more promise when he moved to Chelsea than Sturridge so does Danny really think he is that good that he will command a regular place? Time will tell.

If he really had self belief he would have done what Steven Ireland did and train his bollocks of and focus on breaking into the team and making it impossible for the manager not to pick him, not pussy out of a challenge by switching teams. Fair enough if he wants more money to sit on the bench their are few that will blame him but I wish he would have the guts to admit it.

Vey good points there blue.

True that season SWP had for us he was probley the best right winger in Europe at the time, absolute top class I think he scored about 10-12 goals and most of them was wonder goals. Sturridge on the other hand is not on that level and never will be. I think Chelsea are still after a top striker they have been linked with Pato,Tevez and Aguero. Im sure they will get someone in and he'll be 4th or 5th choice, I really think it's a bad move. I think he was always going to leave with the things that have happend this season but to be fair he was never fit to get a good run of games to hold on to a starting place. I would really have said goodluck to the lad if he went West ham,Hull,Fulham etc etc to get 1st team fotball but he's gone for the big bucks to sit on bench and play reserve team football.

Cambridgeblue said:

I don't say self belief, thats what the player says. All the debate around the wages etc, this bit we know for sure.

I didn't go to the reserve team games, but the people who did say enough to biuld up his reputation before he'd even been seen in the first team squad. Chelsea and others saw something too; remember Chelsea's interest began around four seasons ago.

Differrent people do differnet things; Ireland is a rare bread in which he loves the club and will sacrifice other aspects of his life to feel the full benefits.

Are we to assume Tevez also has no self belief? Both players have moved on and whilst one is looking both short and long term (Tevez) I don't think Sturridge expects to be a Chelsea regular next season but he's seen a gap in a club that actually want him, he's backed himself to challenge and progress there.

You've made a lot of assumptions there, imo. I just think there's another side to the story. Its all to easy to throw shit at the wall of a player who's left us, but weighing it up, especially with the comments coming out in relation to the position we're in. I don't think we have a leg to stand on personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.