Sturridge to leave City? [Merged]

Having trawled through this thread it seems most still dont get it.

You talk about how greedy Danny is wanting 50k/60k a week...............never asked for, ever!

The contract talked about with Sven before he left was for the same as other accademy graduates, hughes came in and after many delays offered a minor increase on his existing contract, this followed a chinese wisper campain that he wasn`t sure Danny would make it.

Danny turned it down and the fariy stories hit the press from a sorce inside the club, Hughes never once denighed them or put the record straight on what he knew was blatantly untrue.........despite his long time conections at the MuEN, wonder why?

By the final offer it was never about money, so rather than blaming the kid, wish him well as I do, an when he runs out as a full international, perhaps think of what might have been had we had a compertant manager

Silly silly little boy. Who else is going to pay the reported 55k that he is after for someone with so little experience and any proven success? Aston Villa certainly wont, Spurs wont pay Sturridge the same as Keane etc, and if Chelsea do decide to sign him then he simply becomes about number 6 choice striker.

A greedy twat of the highest order. Bye, you wont be missed as half as much as you think you will.

Reading all the posts on here it's getting pathetic. No one actualy knows what has gone on but every one seems happy to have an opinion. Yes Danny looks like a talent and "could" become a fantastic striker. So should the club be held to ransom? No! But in reality we do not know what is being asked for or offered. So the reality of the situation is there is a contract on the table according to the club which is more than enough for a player with potential. If said player with potential has been advised that this is not enough then he moves on. He leaves the biggest project in Football History and we should wish him good luck at his next club! Sack your advisor Danny Boy!

It's a shame if he leaves, I think he will turn out to be a top footballer.

But don't mind trying to keep some sort of wage structure in place, if it is about money and he wants more than that structure allows then theres no real option.

His attitude stinks, he believes the hype surrounding him just like Micah does I say good riddance.

How can anyone who doesnt command a first team place demand more money than the team captain!

He may of been a talent but believe me with these voices in his ear over money rather than football he will come a cropper

Well i am another one who will be sorry to see him go , there's is no denying the lads got talent, and the ability to be an excellent investment, i guess he'll get the money he wants elsewhere as the next club wont pay a hefty transfer fee, so they will be able to pay him higher wages.
However i think wherever he ends up he'll carry the same attitude, could end up being another Anelka..

bluezi said:
Well i am another one who will be sorry to see him go , there's is no denying the lads got talent, and the ability to be an excellent investment, i guess he'll get the money he wants elsewhere as the next club wont pay a hefty transfer fee, so they will be able to pay him higher wages.
However i think wherever he ends up he'll carry the same attitude, could end up being another Anelka..

I think he would like to but dont think he will be as good as Anelka!!!

moomba said:
It's a shame if he leaves, I think he will turn out to be a top footballer.

But don't mind trying to keep some sort of wage structure in place, if it is about money and he wants more than that structure allows then theres no real option.
Are you from Zambia? Moomba.

Alright so, if Sturridge goes to Villa on lets say 35,000 a week, do you still call him greedy and stupid?

Whenever a player decides to leave a club for antoher these days, when the player has the biggest say because of the contract situation, they always get lambasted and labelled as greedy mercenaries like Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Michael John Obinna (Mikel).

If Sturridge leaves to got to Villa, and is sold the dream of
Young -- Sturridge---Agbonlajor

Can you really blame him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.