Stuttgart vs City

This is the thing about pre season friendlies. We win and play well we're gonna win the league. We play terrible and get beat we are gonna struggle for top 4. The only difference I can see on the pitch today is ATTITUDE! Stuttgart are treating like a proper game and we aren't. Simple as that.

Doesn't excuse the fact that that was a poor first half at any level. Friendly or not.
100% agree

Not surprised

1) Pellegrini is half a coach - doesn't know shit about the defensive side of the game
2) Kompany looks way off the pace
3) Mangala is shit
4) Kompany and Mangala play like strangers
5) Kolarov, the man made of wood, can't defend and is shite in possession - the only thing he brings to the team is set pieces, crossing and falling over
6) I'm all for attack but Nasri and Silva as our 2 advanced CMs is useless out of possession
7) Silva is better drifting in from wide positions as it makes him harder to pick up
8) Bony has had no pre season to speak of
9) Nasri is still fat
10) Sagna is slow and shit
11) Out of all the EDS lads who could make it at City, Evans is not one of them
12) Our transfer business is barely half done

Other than that, we look ready for WBA

Friendlies or not it where you get fit and organised. Looks like we haven't done either this preseason.

Came back from work and saw the score. Bloody hell !!! . That is embarrassing by only looking at the squad we have. I have to double check the score and wash my eye

The fact this is a friendly isn't really the point, the point is that the mistakes being made, and the effort being displayed are symptomatic of bigger issues. Just because the end result doesn't really matter isn't a reason for our defence to play so poorly, or for us to accept it just because "oh, it's only a friendly". Are we saying the players aren't trying there best, because it's a friendly? If so that's a piss poor attitude to have. Or is it that they are trying, but they're just playing really, really shitly? If so then that doesn;t bode well for West Brom, as why would they suddenly improve positionally, and technically, in a week?

The one lesson that we should learn from this is that discipline is more important than flair.

If it were me, I'd replace the whole City coaching team with Germans.

What will the people that laugh at the worried ones amongst us say if this kind of performance is replicated a week on Monday? I've not seen anything over the last 2 years to suggest it will be anything different then than it is today. We got found out last year and now everybody knows how to beat us and the manager for whatever reason refuses to change or address the issue. Being Pellegrini's defensive coach must be the easiest job in the world, just sit on your arse and do absolutely nothing.

Vinny's tended to be like this in the past, he was helped only because Lescott sat back. Now we have two bulls running around in a china shop, committing themselves leaving gapping holes. Im truly shocked at what I'm witnessing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.