Suarez - banned for 4 months (page 74)

Re: Suarez

If he comes back part of his punishment should having to wear a Hannibal style muzzle on the pitch.

cibaman said:
It could all turn out well for Liverpool. If Barca and RM have second thoughts about paying a fortune for a player who is prone to ever increasing suspensions. If he receives a lengthy ban, confined to internationals, cutting out those tiring round trips to South America.

Heard this last night - could make Suarez more valuable ? Doubt it though - too much of a liability so I am sure that potential buyers will use any ban to talk the price down.

Take Suarez and his goals away from Liverpool last season and what have you got? The Liverpool of the previous 20 years - they gotta have concerns

bluemonkey71 said:
Could Chiellini do him for assault ?
It is interesting...what if someone was to turn around and properly spark him? If el vampiro decided to press assault charges then surely he would be open to the same/self defence counter argument? Possibly would also open him up to prosecution from those who he had also previously had a nibble at.

Not that I'm condoning this kind of action either way, of course...

City Raider said:
liverpool have an opportunity to come out of this smelling of roses by playing the moral card, they know he'll be leaving anyway
Talk on the radio that it could have been a planned sh*t stir on his part to cleverly prompt a move from Liverpool. Knowing the UK media's reaction might make it too much to take for them and they sell to save (some) of the club's reputation.
He gets his move out, technically it was someone else's decision to get rid of him (so not his fault for agitating), and he's only banned from internationals so the new club are happy to buy.

Job done.

Plaything of the gods said:
And what was Southampton's Ramirez doing, trying to cover up Chiellini's wound to stop the ref looking at it?
I noticed that, the little shitester. I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing at the time. I thought Suarez bit him however the commentator was so laid back about it I blew it off as a headbutt. Then of course Chiellini was showing the bite mark so I was adamant it was a bite - the fucking commentator was still laid back to fuck!

Glad it's gone global.

Don't know if already posted, but a punter in Norway had Suarez to bite someone at the World Cup at 175-1, and won £1600. Nice one.

Plays By Sense Of Smell said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Could Chiellini do him for assault ?
It is interesting...what if someone was to turn around and properly spark him? If el vampiro decided to press assault charges then surely he would be open to the same/self defence counter argument? Possibly would also open him up to prosecution from those who he had also previously had a nibble at.

Not that I'm condoning this kind of action either way, of course...

Probably the very reason he wouldn't - and also the reason why a lot of news outlets aren't shy in the way they are reporting it. Any action by Suarez for assault by the other player or defamation in the media would mean that there would be an independent examination of the biting claim - devolved from the inhouse influences of football - which would include the damning video evidence and evidence under oath from Chiellini plus possible pictures of the bite mark, medical evidence etc etc. Yesterday showed that its hard to second guess a jury however would Suarez want to run the risk of his actions being exposed in the court even if he won - ie Judge summing up saying " Mr Suarez did bite Mr Chiellini but that does not excuse Mr Chiellini's assault on Mr Suarez in retaliation " or worse still for him the court kicks out an assault charge saying its understandable to get clocked if you bite someone and / or the press are within their rights to report the incident - like the rawling round on the floor afterwards to disguise his actions Suarez is too cowardly to do this

cibaman said:
It could all turn out well for Liverpool. If Barca and RM have second thoughts about paying a fortune for a player who is prone to ever increasing suspensions. If he receives a lengthy ban, confined to internationals, cutting out those tiring round trips to South America.
Particularly if they take out his teeth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.