Suarez & Diving

MCC said:
KippaxCitizen said:
He and his kind (cheating scumbags) are a huge part of why this sport has become a fucking joke.

I used to play rugby league and am a big fan of the sport still and I know a lot of rugby players and fans who have no respect for football, full stop, because of idiots like Suarez. They call football "wendyball" and think its a joke sport for soft cunts and nancy boys. They won't even entertain the thought of watching football because they cannot stomach diving and feigning injury.

I don't care how good he can be, I have absolutely no respect for Suarez at all. He's a ****, nothing more nothing less. He and players like him deserve no accolades at all.

When we have a player like David Silva who is genuinely kicked up and down pitches every week who has never dived once in his life and doesn't feign injury. He's a tough, fair, excellent football player. For me there's only the very elite better than him (Messi CRonaldo and Iniesta) in the world. But Suarez will win POTY over Silva and Silva will fail to get accolades.

That is criminal for me.

While Suarez, already on a booking, is allowed to dive around, throwing his head back, rolling around the floor like a fucking despicable **** and isn't deservedly sent off for it. Then he's talked about like he's a fucking legend of the sport and how everyone should play the game the way he does.

I fucking despise players like Suarez. They are pure filth. Little scummy rats who plague this sport with their disgusting antics.

Well said.
I'll second that.

It truly is a blight on the game (as well as feigning injuries) and players like Suarez do not deserve any accolades. I assume he will get player of the year ahead of worthy players like Silva, but there is more to the game than knocking in goals. They are role models and Suarez is falling that test miserably.

Malcontent said:
Will probably win poty when all is said and done.

Fast forward to the World Cup in June. England v Uruguay. The cheating goofy one evades a tackle from Starfish and dives for a penalty. The ref is fooled and Uruguay win 1-0. Can't wait for the post match interview.........

kippaxblue76 said:
Malcontent said:

What a fucking injustice that will be, the **** should have missed half of the games he's played in. Diving makes my fucking blood boil whether it is an opponent or one of our own.

Thats why I lose my temper at the home games when Dzeko goes rolling all over the pitch.A fucking big bloke like him shouldn`t go down that easily,but honestly it does my fucking "Edin".

oakiecokie said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Malcontent said:

What a fucking injustice that will be, the **** should have missed half of the games he's played in. Diving makes my fucking blood boil whether it is an opponent or one of our own.

Thats why I lose my temper at the home games when Dzeko goes rolling all over the pitch.A fucking big bloke like him shouldn`t go down that easily,but honestly it does my fucking "Edin".

As DeNiro posted earlier, review panel after the weekends fixtures and any blatant dive gets an automatic 3 game ban, problem solved.

kippaxblue76 said:
oakiecokie said:
kippaxblue76 said:

As DeNiro posted earlier, review panel after the weekends fixtures and any blatant dive gets an automatic 3 game ban, problem solved.

It's too obvious, the FA don't do obvious, they'd much prefer to focus on something that doesn't really effect the game and tweak that.

I remember when diving was big news and after it being discussed at length (I think it might have been Balotelli but not sure) for about 2/3 weekends players were booked, first time, straight away for diving. I thought, wow, it's actually looking like it's going to stick.

Then certain English players (Rooney/Gerrard/Young) all did it and nothing was done, in most of the cases pens were given, and I knew it'd slowly fade away again back as the "norm". Now it only seems to be when certain refs feel like giving a yellow for it they sometimes will, did Yaya get booked for one the other week? I hate seeing our players do it and as soon as one does i'll be shouting for him to get up and get on with it. The aftermatch ban needs to be introduced as players like Suarez/Rooney/Young are a cancer on the game when they do this sort of diving, cheating shit. (that includes the odd time our players do it too).

But no, instead there focus is ensuring the usual 4 are as high up as they possibly can be, whilst the media conveniently fail to discuss it in any form of media (Even defending it as we saw on MOTD and Suarez), meaning nothing will change and it'll continue to infect our game.

I mean Suarez is even praised for it at Anfield, winning by any means as long as your a winner seems to be enough for them. Fuck "Fair Play".

de niro said:
cut this out in ten seconds flat. have a review system Monday morning. ban culprits for 3 games.

problem gone.

Don't be silly. There's more important things to worry about, like taking your shirt off when you have scored, than things that bring the integrity of the "sportsmen" into account.

RyanP3609 said:
kippaxblue76 said:
oakiecokie said:

It's too obvious, the FA don't do obvious, they'd much prefer to focus on something that doesn't really effect the game and tweak that.

I remember when diving was big news and after it being discussed at length (I think it might have been Balotelli but not sure) for about 2/3 weekends players were booked, first time, straight away for diving. I thought, wow, it's actually looking like it's going to stick.

Then certain English players (Rooney/Gerrard/Young) all did it and nothing was done, in most of the cases pens were given, and I knew it'd slowly fade away again back as the "norm". Now it only seems to be when certain refs feel like giving a yellow for it they sometimes will, did Yaya get booked for one the other week? I hate seeing our players do it and as soon as one does i'll be shouting for him to get up and get on with it. The aftermatch ban needs to be introduced as players like Suarez/Rooney/Young are a cancer on the game when they do this sort of diving, cheating shit. (that includes the odd time our players do it too).

But no, instead there focus is ensuring the usual 4 are as high up as they possibly can be, whilst the media conveniently fail to discuss it in any form of media (Even defending it as we saw on MOTD and Suarez), meaning nothing will change and it'll continue to infect our game.

And look where fairplay gets you, absolutely nowhere other than people saying what a good bloke you are. Jarvis last night gets slated of Neville for not going down and winning his team a penalty and even big Sam said he should of gone down. I know there is a big difference between full on diving like Suarez does, but they are effectively saying that if your touched you should go down. Im at a point where i agree. If the difference to us winning the league was Sergio going down easily in the box last game of the season or staying on his feet and getting nothing other than a pat on the back i know what id be taking.

willipp said:
And look where fairplay gets you, absolutely nowhere other than people saying what a good bloke you are. Jarvis last night gets slated of Neville for not going down and winning his team a penalty and even big Sam said he should of gone down. I know there is a big difference between full on diving like Suarez does, but they are effectively saying that if your touched you should go down. Im at a point where i agree. If the difference to us winning the league was Sergio going down easily in the box last game of the season or staying on his feet and getting nothing other than a pat on the back i know what id be taking.

The issue is that refs don't give the foul unless you go down. You can be fouled without being knocked/tripped over but other than for completely blatant shirt pulling when was the last foul given when someone hasn't hit the deck?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.