Suarez (merged)

If we're going to continue playing this sort of system, with no natural width or supply. Then Suarez should be the first forward we look at. Would be far more effective than Cavani/Falcao in our current team

mgreenz97 said:
Why are people talking about signing Suarez + Cavani/Falcao.
We have to think of FFP. We should only sign one of them.
In order of preference for me it'd be 1Falcao 2Suarez 3Cavani.
We can't have 3 world class strikers in a team that plays 2 at a time, the players won't stand for sitting on the bench if a certain partner ship is outstanding.

We will, only sign one. There's other positions that need bolstering too so to be talking about signing two massively expensive forward, is ludicrous, and will not happen. It's good to dream though.

I'm wondering what other people make of this order of preference you put these three strikers. I personally, think Suarez is a fantastic player. He's a nasty little shit, but he's a fantastic striker. But I haven't seen much of Cavani or Falcao, so I'm interested to see the order of preference in which other people here would place these three.
The reasons why would be good to know too, as I expect many to place Suarez last simply because he's a twat.

jayfx said:
mgreenz97 said:
We can't have 3 world class strikers in a team that plays 2 at a time, the players won't stand for sitting on the bench if a certain partner ship is outstanding.

We will, only sign one. There's other positions that need bolstering too so to be talking about signing two massively expensive forward, is ludicrous, and will not happen. It's good to dream though.

I'm wondering what other people make of this order of preference you put these three strikers. I personally, think Suarez is a fantastic player. He's a nasty little shit, but he's a fantastic striker. But I haven't seen much of Cavani or Falcao, so I'm interested to see the order of preference in which other people here would place these three.
The reasons why would be good to know too, as I expect many to place Suarez last simply because he's a twat.

The reasoning behind my order:

1. Falcao - Can't see how anyone could disagree with this, I think that he is genuinely the best striker in the world, and if we can get him for less than £50m it's definitely worth it.

2. Suarez - Proven how good he is this season. Besides all the trouble, the diving, the "racism" and just down right cheating, he is absolutely brilliant. Proven Premier League goal scorer in a (let's be honest) fairly poor Liverpool side who, with the expection of Gerrard, don't have a whole lot of creativity in their midfield. Supply from Silva, Nasri (or his replacement), Yaya etc. would only improve him. Downside is that the price tag would proabably close to Falcao's, and I'm not even sure he'd want to leave.

3. Cavani - Expensive. His price tag is around and possibly even higher than Falcao's. I just think that we could do better for the money. I'm also a bit concerned about how he'd adapt to 1. the premier league and 2. not having the entire team built around him. Mario has proven how big the gap between Serie A and the Prem is getting and with the expection of maybe Juve and Napoli (with cavani) I couldn't see us having a lot of trouble against any Serie A side. All that said he is a very good player, he can run for hours and not get tired and he always gives 100% which is the type of thing we've been missing recently.

Just my opinion

mgreenz97 said:
jayfx said:
mgreenz97 said:

1. Falcao - Can't see how anyone could disagree with this, I think that he is genuinely the best striker in the world, and if we can get him for less than £50m it's definitely worth it.

2. Suarez - Proven how good he is this season. Besides all the trouble, the diving, the "racism" and just down right cheating, he is absolutely brilliant. Proven Premier League goal scorer in a (let's be honest) fairly poor Liverpool side who, with the expection of Gerrard, don't have a whole lot of creativity in their midfield. Supply from Silva, Nasri (or his replacement), Yaya etc. would only improve him. Downside is that the price tag would proabably close to Falcao's, and I'm not even sure he'd want to leave.

3. Cavani - Expensive. His price tag is around and possibly even higher than Falcao's. I just think that we could do better for the money. I'm also a bit concerned about how he'd adapt to 1. the premier league and 2. not having the entire team built around him. Mario has proven how big the gap between Serie A and the Prem is getting and with the expection of maybe Juve and Napoli (with cavani) I couldn't see us having a lot of trouble against any Serie A side. All that said he is a very good player, he can run for hours and not get tired and he always gives 100% which is the type of thing we've been missing recently.

Just my opinion

+ 1. we dont even need strikers. possibly substitute for teves since hes on his way. we need midfield players and width. spend big there. bale if u want the best at it. or banes and a top quality midfield player like isco.

AntiUnited said:
mgreenz97 said:
jayfx said:

Just my opinion

+ 1. we dont even need strikers. possibly substitute for teves since hes on his way. we need midfield players and width. spend big there. bale if u want the best at it. or banes and a top quality midfield player like isco.

Exactly, I think that we should only sign one of these three if both Carlos and Dzeko leave, in which case we'll have Aguero, Falcao/Cavani/Suarez and Guidetti. I don't think it is really necessary to have a 4th striker, because if they get very tired or we have injuries or something we can always line up like we did against Chelsea, pushing Yaya up and playing with a loan striker (something that I think Falcao could do best).

We still can't ignore our midfield though. And Baines would be a dream come true.
Nasri out, new winger in.

mgreenz97 said:
AntiUnited said:
mgreenz97 said:

Just my opinion

Exactly, I think that we should only sign one of these three if both Carlos and Dzeko leave, in which case we'll have Aguero, Falcao/Cavani/Suarez and Guidetti. I don't think it is really necessary to have a 4th striker, because if they get very tired or we have injuries or something we can always line up like we did against Chelsea, pushing Yaya up and playing with a loan striker (something that I think Falcao could do best).

We still can't ignore our midfield though. And Baines would be a dream come true.
Nasri out, new winger in.

its shame Some Not all think getting a new striker is going to solve all our issues. its not Kun is world class (but hes shit atm). Dzeko would be world class by now if we would play to his game(he scores for fun for his national side, and scores for us with table scraps of service), and guidetti is an up and coming player. Imo keep those 3 get bale or banes and isco and watch us totally hammer teams like last season. its sad to say nasri is just not up for it which is a shame cuz when we bought him he was unplayable for arsenal.

I forget where I read this or heard it but its been said that hes not going anywhere and he'll reject any transfer deals even if Liverpool accept the offer. He genuinely wants to stay there and I don't think he'll leave. He really enjoys it there and Rodgers is gonna turn it around

Should really forget about this one, its not worth it

imagine the shit we would get if we signed suarez,it would be mario x 10. the press hate us now, imagine signing him who clearly hates the rags.

cmdub said:
I forget where I read this or heard it but its been said that hes not going anywhere and he'll reject any transfer deals even if Liverpool accept the offer. He genuinely wants to stay there and I don't think he'll leave. He really enjoys it there and Rodgers is gonna turn it around

Should really forget about this one, its not worth it

Why would any player reject a transfer, especially if said club is actively seeking them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.