Suarez

BillyShears said:
Why would Liverpool try and create a market in January for their best player ?

Makes no logical sense whatsoever. If there is genuinely no interest from City, then linking us isn't going to create a market, it's going to scare off the rest of the world. I wouldn't buy a player City were being linked with unless I was Roman, because I'd know I was going to be ripped off.

Way more to this than meets the eye IMO...

It's obvious Liverpool need additions to their squad. Yes, Suarez is by far and away their best player, and for that very reason he's the one player Rodgers will expect a huge bid for. They bought him for around £23m, there's no way he will go for less than £30m and, should City bid, they'll probably ask for even more.

With £30m, they could bring in at least 3 very good players, one of those could well be Villa as there's no way he will be at Barca beyond next season so he could be snapped up relatively cheap.

There's no other way that Liverpool are going to bring in anything like the money they would get for Suarez, for anything else, so to me it seems the only option for them.

Dalglish really did screw Henry & Co up there. That £100m they blew on Carroll, Henderson & Downing (it makes me laugh just thinking about it) could have brought in a good 5 or 6 excellent players and you wouldn't see Liverpool where they are now.

sjk2008 said:
BillyShears said:

Makes no logical sense whatsoever. If there is genuinely no interest from City, then linking us isn't going to create a market, it's going to scare off the rest of the world. I wouldn't buy a player City were being linked with unless I was Roman, because I'd know I was going to be ripped off.

It's obvious Liverpool need additions to their squad. Yes, Suarez is by far and away their best player, and for that very reason he's the one player Rodgers will expect a huge bid for. They bought him for around £23m, there's no way he will go for less than £30m and, should City bid, they'll probably ask for even more.

With £30m, they could bring in at least 3 very good players, one of those could well be Villa as there's no way he will be at Barca beyond next season so he could be snapped up relatively cheap.

There's no other way that Liverpool are going to bring in anything like the money they would get for Suarez, for anything else, so to me it seems the only option for them.

Dalglish really did screw Henry & Co up there. That £100m they blew on Carroll, Henderson & Downing (it makes me laugh just thinking about it) could have brought in a good 5 or 6 excellent players and you wouldn't see Liverpool where they are now.

You talk about FSG as if they're skint. They may well not be prepared to dump the kind of money into the club that Sheikh Mansour or Roman have, but I equally don't see them wanting to sell their best player to raise funds.

Selling Suarez would set them back too much on the field. Even 50 million wouldn't be able to buy them a replacement because of their lack of CL. football.

Nah, just doesn't ring true on any level that this is Liverpool trying to create an auction no matter what noises City want to make officially.

BillyShears said:
NipHolmes said:
Quite clearly LFC trying to make a market for him. Can't believe how far that club has regressed since winning the CL.

Look at Newcastle when they sold Carrol. Imo they want PSG to go in for him or the likes of. Sell for 40-50, so too Carrol 15-20 and maybe Downing if they find someone stupid to pay 10+ and that's a sum if 65+ to spend. Off the back of that the warrior deal and the new tv package and that's a rebuild sum right there.

Speculation on my part but I can see it.

The most important point anybody yet is to have mentioned is that Liverpool board detest him and nearly lost a few sponsorships through him. Forget on field matters, the club relies on sponsorship revenue and Suarez is a hazard for them

So to some up this thread, some don't want him because he's a diving cheating racist twat, some think he'd be a perfect addition, some think he's over-rated, most think Liverpool leaked the story, BillySears knows its City who leaked the story as he was told yesterday by PM about the story.

Glad I got that sorted.

Kun Aguero said:
From RAWK

Just reading the City forums and the usual shite gets trotted out about how he is a racist twat etc etc etc. Its honest laughable how he gets labelled racist when he is a quarter fucking black.

It does my fucking head in.

How on fucks earth can someone be "a quater fucking black"

And does being a quarter black automatically stop someone from being a racist?

BillyShears said:
sjk2008 said:
BillyShears said:

You talk about FSG as if they're skint. They may well not be prepared to dump the kind of money into the club that Sheikh Mansour or Roman have, but I equally don't see them wanting to sell their best player to raise funds.

Selling Suarez would set them back too much on the field. Even 50 million wouldn't be able to buy them a replacement because of their lack of CL. football.

Nah, just doesn't ring true on any level that this is Liverpool trying to create an auction no matter what noises City want to make officially.

I don't for one minute think they are skint. However, it doesn't mean they are willing to throw another £100m in a manager's hands after the previous one bought a pitch full of complete average-ness.

They are not going to qualify for the CL, probably not even the EL, this year, whether they keep Suarez or not, so I suppose they could look at the bigger picture and say "We keep Suarez, and try again next year" or "Sell him, bring in another 3 or 4 players to boost the squad, and try again next year.

Unless FSG are willing to throw more money into the manager's hands, when said manager spent £11m of it on Fabio Borini, then there isn't much more option. Plus, there's also the factor of whether Suarez is 100% at Liverpool. He joined them ad they're a bigger club than Ajax and felt he would be fighting to win titles in better competitions. Quite clearly, that isn't happening for him at the moment, and doesn't look like it's going to any time soon.

NipHolmes said:
Look at Newcastle when they sold Carrol. Imo they want PSG to go in for him or the likes of. Sell for 40-50, so too Carrol 15-20 and maybe Downing if they find someone stupid to pay 10+ and that's a sum if 65+ to spend. Off the back of that the warrior deal and the new tv package and that's a rebuild sum right there.

Speculation on my part but I can see it.

The most important point anybody yet is to have mentioned is that Liverpool board detest him and nearly lost a few sponsorships through him. Forget on field matters, the club relies on sponsorship revenue and Suarez is a hazard for them

It's not impossible and I have no idea what the Liverpool board think of Suarez to be honest. I just find it hard to believe that this story has come from them, when I heard it from a City source yesterday.

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1593757_manchester-city-rubbish-reports-of-luis-suarez-bid?rss=yes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... id?rss=yes</a>

Manchester City rubbish reports of Luis Suarez bid

November 15, 2012

Manchester City have no plans to buy Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.

Reports in Thursday's papers suggested the Blues are readying a bid of up to £50m for the Anfield talisman.

But a senior source at City has confirmed that there is no interest from the Etihad Stadium.

With Liverpool languishing in 13th position, speculation is growing that manager Brendan Rodgers could be tempted to cash in on Suarez for the broader benefit of his squad.

City, meanwhile, have been linked with Atletico Madrid's Colombian striker Radamel Falcao.

At a press conference on Thursday Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers knocked the reports down.

"There will be no bidding war. He's staying here," said the Northern Irishman.

"If we lost Luis then we've got no strikers. I don't think we can afford to lose anyone.

"He's certainly not someone we want to sell or move on.

"He's been a brilliant player to work with and we want to add to our squad, not take people out of it, especially a world-class player."

Suarez only signed a new long-term contract in the summer and while Rodgers knows he needs to strengthen his forward line in January he does not believe he has to do so in order to convince the South American to stay.

"We just continue to work and stay focused on what we try to achieve," added the Reds boss.

"Luis has already shown in the summer his commitment to the club, he's signed a new deal.

"I think you've seen up until this point he's in a great moment in his footballing life here at Liverpool: he is scoring goals and working well.

"I'll just continue to communicate with all the players and Luis in particular. Like I say, he's very happy here."

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but FSG's investment company recently lost a lot of money.

Can't remember details but I think it closed with assets of a couple of hundred million USD, as opposed to a few billion a year or so ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.