Suarez

Plain Speaking said:
Dont agree with much of this.
I would like to think our owners were very concerned with ethics and public image.
We dont need to know the private life of Suarez to know his lack of self control and public behaviour on the pitch is totally unacceptable.
Some players are devisive and do more harm than good in a club.
All the players you quote lack self control and have significantly de-valued themselves by their poor conduct despite a tremendous football talent.
Ideally our club should be filled with role models who show that a team can succeed with talent, effort and teamwork without resorting to cheating.

Although an admirable POV, I think it's a bit naive to be honest. The owners aren't going to have a huge say in who we sign - that's going to be down to Txiki and Roberto. The two of them for their part are going to be concerned primarily with success on the pitch rather than with what the public image of a player is.

BillyShears said:
Maybe the left hand and right hand should talk to each other a little more often.

This story originally came from City as far as I'm aware.
So you disagree with Brennan?

It's fairly unusual for City to rubbish a story so quickly.

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
Maybe the left hand and right hand should talk to each other a little more often.

So you disagree with Brennan?

It's fairly unusual for City to rubbish a story so quickly.

Was told about this yesterday morning (the Suarez link). I don't know anyone at LFC.

BillyShears said:

Also ... I think there was plenty of "don't want him at our club" when we signed Bellamy.

Suarez is by all accounts a model pro on the training pitch, lives his life the right way, keeps his head down and works hard. You may not like what he does on the field, but that's because he doesn't play for us. If he did it'd be different ...

I know all football fans (myself included) have a tendency to be fickle but surely we all draw the line at someone who has; spat at, bitten and been racist towards other players, however talented they are.

BillyShears said:
Plain Speaking said:
Dont agree with much of this.
I would like to think our owners were very concerned with ethics and public image.
We dont need to know the private life of Suarez to know his lack of self control and public behaviour on the pitch is totally unacceptable.
Some players are devisive and do more harm than good in a club.
All the players you quote lack self control and have significantly de-valued themselves by their poor conduct despite a tremendous football talent.
Ideally our club should be filled with role models who show that a team can succeed with talent, effort and teamwork without resorting to cheating.

Although an admirable POV, I think it's a bit naive to be honest. The owners aren't going to have a huge say in who we sign - that's going to be down to Txiki and Roberto. The two of them for their part are going to be concerned primarily with success on the pitch rather than with what the public image of a player is.
I imagine the owners would give the "green light" to any major purchase. If they are aware of the huge negative publicity that the acquisition of such a hated figure may bring to their club I would like to think they would question it.

BillyShears said:
NipHolmes said:
Quite clearly LFC trying to make a market for him. Can't believe how far that club has regressed since winning the CL.

Why would Liverpool try and create a market in January for their best player ?

Makes no logical sense whatsoever. If there is genuinely no interest from City, then linking us isn't going to create a market, it's going to scare off the rest of the world. I wouldn't buy a player City were being linked with unless I was Roman, because I'd know I was going to be ripped off.

Way more to this than meets the eye IMO...

Could be just agents

From RAWK

Just reading the City forums and the usual shite gets trotted out about how he is a racist twat etc etc etc. Its honest laughable how he gets labelled racist when he is a quarter fucking black.

It does my fucking head in.

How on fucks earth can someone be "a quater fucking black"

Kun Aguero said:
From RAWK

Just reading the City forums and the usual shite gets trotted out about how he is a racist twat etc etc etc. Its honest laughable how he gets labelled racist when he is a quarter fucking black.

One grand parent is black I should imagine.

SWP's back said:
Kun Aguero said:
From RAWK

One grand parent is black I should imagine.

Oh and for the record, I did discuss it in a PM with someone yesterday too (the Suarez link) in case you think I've just pulled the "i heard about it yesterday morning" out of my arse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.