Suarez?

dtc78 said:
People can dress it up all they want regarding buying cheaper alternatives to the 'superstars' but fact is if we don't compete with the big guns then we shouldn't expect to dine at the top table. Like him or not Suarez would be immense at City. Maybe our plan isn't quite as ambitious as some might believe, and it's certainly about the long term and not the short. This isn't a bad thing but just worry slightly with the gap closing between our inferior competition.

My only slight issue with this seasons business to date is the fee for Fernandinho. We appeared to pay this happily yet are haggling and losing decent players over relatively small money. If we bought a Suarez or Bale would the commercial value soften the blow? Speculate to accumulate.

Like it or not Suarez does not want to come to City or another club in the premier league.

We don't know that Bale wants to leave Spurs, that he would come to us or that we agree with the fee spurs may put on his head. If they turned round and said £80m would you still say we should just pay it.

Annoys me when people just ssay "Lets buy Bale" "Lets just pay what they want for Suarez" etc etc - its really not that easy

WHat price do you think we paid for Fernandinho?

betty swollocks said:
Would a cheeky bid be in order?
I think personally he is exactly the replacement for Carlos.
He has fight, determination,a bad attitude and the added bonus of being slightly better at finishing.
He would be hated even more, for signing for us, which would take the pressure off quite a few of the newer players.

Maybe not everybody's cup of tea but a consistent performer and proven at this level.

No because we aren't interested in signing marque players anymore lets just carry on where we left off last summer buying players on the cheap.

Mike D said:
betty swollocks said:
He has fight, determination,a bad attitude and the added bonus of being slightly better at finishing.
He would be hated even more, for signing for us, which would take the pressure off quite a few of the newer players.

Maybe not everybody's cup of tea but a consistent performer and proven at this level.

No because we aren't interested in signing marque players anymore lets just carry on where we left off last summer buying players on the cheap.

But we have marque signing already pal, not buying RVP didn't lose us the league. It was marque signings not hitting top note, whether that was a personal thing or a managerial one who knows.
Marque signings aren't always the answer.

Brilliant skills, fantastic game changer. Hard working under Rogers last season tracking back.

His dark arts - whether it be his thoughtless statements and on pitch comments, combined with his fondness of simulation, made him east prey for our poisonous media.

Surely, his hatred of the British newspapers is not going to dissipate anytime soon. Suarez wants out and I expect he will end up in either Germany or Spain.

Id have him in a heart beat. He is a fantastic striker one of very few, id put on the same level as tevez and aguero.

If arsenal have made a bid surely they must have has some encouragement that he would be willing to stay in the UK? (cannt blame him for wanting to leave due to the media though - poisoness rats)

If there is the slightest possibility of him staying in the prem we should be in for him. He is a game changer and a strike force of him and kun/dzeko with Guedetti as back up would see us as a real title threat

simon23 said:
Id have him in a heart beat. He is a fantastic striker one of very few, id put on the same level as tevez and aguero.

If arsenal have made a bid surely they must have has some encouragement that he would be willing to stay in the UK? (cannt blame him for wanting to leave due to the media though - poisoness rats)

If there is the slightest possibility of him staying in the prem we should be in for him. He is a game changer and a strike force of him and kun/dzeko with Guedetti as back up would see us as a real title threat

Arsenal made that pathetic bad in a sad attempt to hurry the higuain deal along they knew damn well it would never be accepted.

Petetheblu said:
Mike D said:
betty swollocks said:

But we have marque signing already pal, not buying RVP didn't lose us the league. It was marque signings not hitting top note, whether that was a personal thing or a managerial one who knows.

I have to agree with that 100%.

On Suarez, yes I would have him. For me hes a like for like replacement for Tevez ie work rate and scoring important goals. If we bought him I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. Soon as he puts a city shirt on hes our comrade!!

Blue_Rossy said:
Petetheblu said:
Mike D said:

I have to agree with that 100%.

On Suarez, yes I would have him. For me hes a like for like replacement for Tevez ie work rate and scoring important goals. If we bought him I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. Soon as he puts a city shirt on hes our comrade!!

I agree if he came here I'd back him, but I don't see it happening and besides imho it's our tactics and drive that needs to be changed.

mancboy123 said:
simon23 said:

Arsenal made that pathetic bad in a sad attempt to hurry the higuain deal along they knew damn well it would never be accepted.

I heard on Saturday that there was a problem with the higuain deal and that he had maybe had his head turned by someone else. Just to be clear though the guy concerned said that it is nothing to do with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.